Question

very slow mobile internet in east hunsbury, northampton

My mobile data has been agonizingly slow for about 4 or 5 days. Less than half a Mb. Is there knowledge of this problem and will it be fixed? Can someone advise me please? Definitely not my phone as i have 3 computers and an ipad. They are all slow.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Leo Byrne,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you checked the coverage and network status at the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage

The network status checker will advise if there are any issues in the area.

Kash

Yes all is fine and I spoke to ID on live chat and they did an official check. No problems with any equipment or technology in or near my property. I can only conclude that my data is being throttled by the System at ID. I'm most offended and upset and this current contract will be ny last.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Leo Byrne 

Please could you let us know the full postcode(s) where you’re experiencing these issues?

Is the issue everywhere or just certain areas?

We wouldn’t be throttling your speeds.

Tom

The area is West Hunsbury in Northampton, NN4 0RJ.

I'm only experiencing it at home. I don't use it anywhere else.

Leo

On 02 I was getting over 300mb on 5g. Now I’ve moved to ID I’m getting barely 1mb. It’s awful I’m not staying with ID. 

Me too. I'm leaving ASAP cos this is unbearable. I'm getting 30-45kbs per second about 80% of the time for over a week now. And ive got full signal.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Leo Byrne , just curious here… do you have multiple services/contracts or just the one?  Phone’s being used as a hot-spot for your iPad and the computers?  I’m assuming you don’t have a router with SIM card feature?

Jonty.

Just using my phone as a hotspot but never for multiple devices at once. It's been ok like this for 1 year here in Northampton and for 3 years back in London.

Only for past week and half getting ridiculously slow speed on any one device i try.

The problem has fixed now. It resolved as soon as they had the new ID Mobile app up and running properly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Leo Byrne 

I’m not seeing anything in the area of NN4 0RJ to suggest issues with 4G signal, there are a few patchy spots nearby which could affect this area, 5G is quite weak so I wouldn’t recommend using that over 4G.

Glad to hear it’s back to normal now, however the app wouldn’t have anything to do with your signal.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @SteveWHU 

Sorry to hear you feel that way, O2 use their own signal network while we rely on Three UK, signal will vary between the two, if you aren’t happy with the general coverage from us, all iD Mobile plans have the option to return in their cooling off period for this reason.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?