Question

very very very poooor network coverage

• 27 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi. Im new here. Ive been using ID sim for more than a week now. However, since the day 1 ive been having difficulty getting the right coverage. The max im getting is 3-5mbps. Most of the time less than 1mbps. My phone is 5g. But it wont even reach 5g signal. Im living in Leicester. It says in the system that here is a 5g ready. Is there something is missed configurating? Or what? This is the worst signal that iv been thru. Giffgaff is way better, sorry.

This happens not only at home even in an open area. Seriously. I dont know why???

Been searching the hotline number for customer. Because i think i need an agent expert with this issue. 🤔.  

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi. Im new here. Ive been using ID sim for more than a week now. However, since the day 1 ive been having difficulty getting the right coverage. The max im getting is 3-5mbps. Most of the time less than 1mbps. My phone is 5g. But it wont even reach 5g signal. Im living in Leicester. It says in the system that here is a 5g ready. Is there something is missed configurating? Or what? This is the worst signal that iv been thru. Giffgaff is way better, sorry.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Ken Ken, iD don’t have a telephone support hotline - support is all online only.

Have you checked for any network problems in your area/areas using the network status checker page?

The coverage maps are purely theoretical - based on computer models.
Unfortunately, the real-world coverage and predicted coverage are often different. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What’s your handset make and model?

Userlevel 1

Yup ive checked it already and it says no problem with the location coverage. Im using samsung note 10 plus 5G.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, thanks @Ken Ken - what’s the network status checker reporting? 

If you google “galaxy note 10 plus poor reception signal” or “galaxy note 10+ poor reception signal”, seems you’re not alone in being frustrated by this issue.

The EE community “Samsung note 10 plus signal issues” topic is quite interesting.

Anyway, given it worked well with giffgaff, maybe you’d be better going over their network.

Good luck getting this solved.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andewhite. The report shows 4G.. anyways, ill give it a try. More days. Haha. I dont like transferring all the time. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You say that you have poor coverage but your post only mentions slow data speeds. Do you have poor signal strength and as a result slow data speeds, or good signal strength with slow data speeds? If the former then iD Mobile isn't for you. If the latter then it's likely down to local mast congestion. 

Why iD Mobile?