Question

Voicemail on iphone 12 mini does not work

• 14 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

i have been with id mobile for nearly a month and my voicemail does not work when i miss a call

I have been on to customer service all morning and they cant resolve it

i have checked that i have voicemails turned on and if i call my own number i can leave a vm but when anyone else calls it just keeps ringing then cuts out

i have tried call forwarding and that just directs all calls to my vm, and does not give any option for just missed calls or divert when busy etc

i am in a 12 month contract and am being told that if i cancel my contract then i have to pay the full fee, despite not actually getting the service i am paying for

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve recently transferred your number to iD Mobile, while there were new messages in the voicemail of your old service provider, this sometimes this causes odd problems after switching. 

The iD voicemail service is provided by Three. 
The service number for iD voicemail is exactly the same as the service number for Three voicemail.

It’s probably worth turning OFF your iD voicemail for 1-week, then retry iD voicemail again.

Any issues would require iD to raise a ticket with Three to investigate, but communications between iD and Three technical support seem slow and often appear ineffective.

Userlevel 1

Thanks, will try that and see if it works

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Alternatively, you could try an iOS voicemail app like YouMail (free version), or HulloMail (£2.99/month), instead of the iD Mobile (Three) voicemail service. 

Userlevel 1

Will have a look but would prefer ID mobile  VM to actually work, as that's what I'm paying for but thanks for your kind suggestion

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It’s almost as if your voicemail is still with Three, and not iD Mobile.
Perhaps iD did not get all your services setup properly when doing the number transfer @Bee51.  

Not sure how you’d encourage iD to check and rectify this, but perhaps your voicemail hasn’t worked properly since your number was transferred from Three to iD.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Bee51,

Let us know if you are still having issues and require assistance.

Once you get back to us we can PM you and raise a ticket with the team.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?