Question

Volte on oneplus ?

• 23 January 2022
  • 10 replies

Hello,

Received my SIM last Tuesday, and obviously a new phone number… and VOLTE was working.

The next day I ported my old number over, and VOLTE disappeared :rage:

Ive tried to sort this with the Mumbai (?) chat folk…. SIX TIMES !  They either dont understand the language, or have no idea what VOLTE is.

The last one I chatted to decided a replacement SIM would solve it… this came yesterday, and is now working - but again no VOLTE.

My phone is a Oneplus Nord CE ….. I know VOLTE is supported, as a Three SIM shows it - as did the ID sim until i ported my number !!!

Any ideas please ?

Thanks

Paul

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Roosterno1,

I can see that iD Mobile currently doesn’t support this option with your handset.

For further information on this you can visit the link below and take a look at our 4G Calling Compatible handsets.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/4g-calling

Kash

If ID don't support my phone, how come it worked before the port ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Roosterno1,

That is strange.

Have you changed any settings? Also are you still in an area with 4G coverage?

Kash

Yes, 4g+…. Settings the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Roosterno1,

Could you please try the below:

Open the Settings app.
Tap Wi-Fi & network.
Tap SIM & network settings.
Under Enhanced Communications, tap the switch next to VoLTE.
Restart your device.

It may also be worth checking that you have the latest software installed.

Kash

Thanks for the advice… but volte is no longer available, only WiFi calling.

So either the sim or the network isn't providing it… 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Roosterno1, we can get this raised to the Tech Team for you, but I imagine the answer is going to be that VoLTE isn’t officially supported on your device and so we can’t guarantee compatibility. 

However, it’s worth a shot. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

Thanks for the reply Rory… I've replied to the pm, as for my phone not supported.. odd how it worked before the port  !

Surely all services are available to all devices, and it's the device that can implement them or not ?

Never had any issues with 3  !

Any updates on this ???

Not enjoying the support  :rage:   cant face another half English phone call...

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Roosterno1, not just yet, I’m afraid. We’ll get back to you via private message as soon as we have an update.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?