Question

Want to get out. Disgusted by the services

• 13 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

After years, I moved from Vodafone to ID mobile and my world came crashing on me. 5G or 4G? Terrible speed. So many times internet not working. Calling someone? Well I haven't been able to speak to NHS, GP, Bank, Insurance company pr anyone else on the phone properly since I moved to this joke of a network. I want to get out without paying charges. I moved to ID mobile in October 23 (how can I forget thay dreadful month?). Once I contact customer service (boy that was a struggle to find customer service or a human to chat/speak with). The genius from customer service told me to reset my Network settings etc. It didn't help. I have a phone with this terrible SIM card but I don't have a phone. Can someone guide me to get out of this contract? ID Mobile is in breach of contract anyway for not providing me the services they are chatging me for.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Z33di,

Welcome to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear about the issues that you experienced with the coverage.

Can I check that you have checked the coverage and network status in your area using the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage

It may also be worth testing the SIM in a different handset and we can also get a replacement SIM sent out?

What term is your current contract?

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi Kash,

Thank you for your response. It shows that I have good 4G indoor and outdoor coverage. It's difficult to ever used phone from my house unless it's WhatsApp or Internet calls. Chatted with one of your colleagues and se tells me that local landlines numbers 0207 and 0208 chargeable and I should remove the spending limit. That is very confusing. All these calls are supposed to be included in my call allowance. She said she will post a new SIM. I didn't get anything yet. I haven't been able to use my phone for calls much since I moved to ID Mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Z33di 

Local landlines should be free, however our system may mistake the numbers and recognise them as chargeable ones, therefore lifting a spend cap and testing is a good idea.

Please continue with the replacement SIM card and continue with the team you’re in touch with.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Tried new sim. No network at all with new sim. No Internet nor calls. It's kind if dead SIM. I Want to get out and not going to pay a single penny extra. What's the process please? I filed a complaint but no response of that either. Filing one with OfCom now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Z33di,

Welcome to the Community!

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I have responded to your Private message. 

Why iD Mobile?