Question

We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area. Sorry for any disruptions this may cause.

• 16 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Since switching, a few months ago, the 4G service at my home postcode has been awful, and the service status has the message “We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area. Sorry for any disruptions this may cause.”

NP19 8GF

Is there any way of finding out how long this will last, to see if it’s worth staying? I hope it is, but getting 1 bar of 4g, and errors of ‘no internet’ most of the time unless I’m on wifi, isnt really that useful.

Ta

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve had the same message in my area for over 12-months @Oracus.

Nobody at iD Mobile seems to know when the work will finish, nor do they appear willing to find out what’s really going on. 

Elsewhere in this forum and other online communities, there’s speculation this network status means Three UK (the iD Mobile network partner) are working on their backhaul network. This needs upgrading prior to Three UK switching-off their 3G network. Once mobile telephone calls on the Three UK network are packet-switched, the backhaul network needs to be capable of handling the additional data traffic and traffic patterns.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Oracus,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?