Question

What are my options if my signal keeps dropping out whilst at home?

• 14 March 2022
  • 5 replies

As things stand I can barely make or receive a call whilst at home. To be honest I don’t make many when out and about and work from home 2-3 days a week so it’s important my phone works whilst I’m there. 

I’ve had a fleeting look at the other forums and I can say that I haven’t had any work done in my home that would change connectivity. I’ve been in this contract for 14 months but this problem only seems to have started in the last 2/3 months or so. I have an iPhone 12 that’s up to date in terms of iOS and is in good working order. I have Wi-Fi calling enabled but this seemingly does not help. 

As it stands I really feel as though I’m not getting what I’m paying (7.8% more than initially agreed) for and I’m not happy about that at all. 

Any advice or help is greatly received. 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Marc Atkins,

I’ve got an iPhone 13 at the moment, and reply on Wi-Fi Calling at my home.

Over the years I’ve used different iPhone models with the iD Wi-Fi Calling service and not had any issues.

1. Did you change broadband provider 2/3 months or so ago?
  2. Did you get your iPhone from iD Mobile?

I’ve recently noticed a similar thing. It turns out it’s my wifi dropping out all the time leaving the phone hanging so to speak. In fact everything to do with the internet seems to be a bit flaky since the covid lockdowns have increased general usage, like films cutting out and a return of the pre fibre ‘spinning wheel of woe’. Sometimes I switch of wifi calling and just use 3g.

Hello @Marc Atkins,

Over the years I’ve used different iPhone models with the iD Wi-Fi Calling service and not had any issues.

1. No. I’ve had the same provider the whole time I’ve had this contract. 
  2. Yes. Why?

I’ve recently noticed a similar thing. It turns out it’s my wifi dropping out all the time leaving the phone hanging so to speak. In fact everything to do with the internet seems to be a bit flaky since the covid lockdowns have increased general usage, like films cutting out and a return of the pre fibre ‘spinning wheel of woe’. Sometimes I switch of wifi calling and just use 3g.

Thanks for the input. I really don’t think it’s my internet service as I have quality fibre where I am. I stream everything I watch on TV and get HD quality with no buffering so I’m fairly confident it’s not that. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Marc Atkins,

1. No. I’ve had the same provider the whole time I’ve had this contract. 
  2. Yes. Why?

Some networks tweak their handsets in ways which can interfere with Wi-Fi Calling service when used on a different network, but as your iPhone come from iD we can rule this out.

Have you checked for service disruptions at your postcode using:

https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

Do you have another handset that supports Wi-Fi Calling that you can use with your iD SIM to check if that’s okay?

If your iD Wi-Fi Calling has worked with your iPhone 12, then stopped 2/3 months ago it sounds like something inconspicuous has changed, which might prove hard to track-down.

Why iD Mobile?