Solved

When to use PAC code?

• 30 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi team, I am switching from Three to a new 24 month sim only contract.  I received an email today giving me my new number, but I havent received the actual sim card yet.  I have tried to enter my details into the switch website, but it is reporting that…

We've tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you've submitted. Please check that you have provided the correct details and try again.

Do I need to have actually received my SIM card and activated it before trying to issue the PAC switch?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 30 March 2023, 14:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are you using a transaction number that begins with “4”?

Userlevel 1

Are you using a transaction number that begins with “4”?

yep!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ah, in that case some of the other information might be incorrect, or the iD Mobile online page for PAC submission isn’t working properly - the latter seems to happen from time-to-time.

You can register for an iD “My iD Account” online and submit your PAC that way, but to register you’ll need your iD Mobile SIM card to receive your registration security code by SMS.

You should be able to submit your PAC using the iD live chat, or by contacting iD privately using facebook or Twitter.

Userlevel 1

Ah, in that case some of the other information might be incorrect, or the iD Mobile online page for PAC submission isn’t working properly - the latter seems to happen from time-to-time.

You can register for an iD “My iD Account” online and submit your PAC that way, but to register you’ll need your iD Mobile SIM card to receive your registration security code by SMS.

You should be able to submit your PAC using the iD live chat, or by contacting iD privately using facebook or Twitter.

So I spoke to the Twitter team, and I was told to put my surname in uppercase!  This worked.

Why iD Mobile?