Question

When will the poor network coverage in Liverpool be fixed?

Despite the coverage checker claiming of good coverage in the north Liverpool area, the phone and internet signal is weak. The Three website for my postcode states a maintenance issue and never provides updates. I've tried calling Three but they send me to a foreign call centre who refuses to help and hangs up on me. Can anyone in ID mobile help as I ought to switch to another provider otherwise. Many thanks. 

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve been seeing the same message in my location for over 10-months now @Planetx.

I think the message will remain until the end of 2024, which is when Three UK (iD Mobile’s network partner) are scheduled to finish decommissioning their 3G mobile network.

In theory, turning off 3G should mean better quality 4G and 5G mobile services from 2025 onwards.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Planetx,

If there isn’t an ETA provided then this work is ongoing and there are likely other factors affecting how long this takes.

Mohammed

Hey @Planetx,

If there isn’t an ETA provided then this work is ongoing and there are likely other factors affecting how long this takes.

Mohammed

Is there any way to learn how long this is expected to take? I have asked Three more than once and they insist the only way to find out more is through yourselves. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The message showed for 18 months in my area and has finally been removed. No change in signal or anything here though!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The message showed for 18 months in my area and has finally been removed. No change in signal or anything here though!

Have you got a good 5G service now that the issue with the network in your area has been fixed?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Planetx,

Mohammed

Is there any way to learn how long this is expected to take? I have asked Three more than once and they insist the only way to find out more is through yourselves. 

Sadly, this appears to be standard practice - you can only get dates and times et cetera about issues in your area from your mobile service provider @Planetx - good luck.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Have you got a good 5G service now that the issue with the network in your area has been fixed?

Exactly the same coverage and signal since the launch of 5G tbh. I don’t think it was anything to do with 5G but more about the 4G backend to help deal with VoLTE calls for the pending 3G switch off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Planetx 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Hi @Planetx 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Thank you Tom, I have sent you a reply but it would be useful to others as well as myself if we can learn when the maintenance work in the Liverpool area will be complete. The Three website continues to supply a generic message every 15 minutes and no ETA of when it can be expected to be finished. In contrast the provider is boasting of “excellent service” in the area so getting some clarity on this is overdue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Planetx 

We’ll update you via PMs as we’ll need some private information we can’t share publicly but feel free to update this thread with those updates if you wish, of course avoid posting private information.

Tom

Idmobile are looking into it which I expect others may or may not have heard,

To be fair the coverage at my previous place was excellent and the service was brilliant value for money, even just a slight improvement would go a long way as the reception here can get really intermittent for both phone & data

Why iD Mobile?