Question

Why are iDs roaming charges for Turkey so expensive

• 6 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

How can iD justify charging £1.50 per MB for data, and £2.40 calls when TalkMobile charges 10p per MB for data and 41p to receive a call?

TalkMobiles roaming charges are only fraction of those charged by iD  https://talkmobile.co.uk/roam-charges

Roaming Zone 4 charges Cost
Countries in Zone 4

Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Barbados, Canada, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey (includes Northern Cyprus), United States of America.

Making calls (per minute) £1.01
Receiving calls (per minute) 41p
Sending a text (per message) 35p
Receiving a text (per message) Free
Sending an MMS (per message) 35p
Data (per MB) 10p

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you visit Türkiye a lot, perhaps it’s worthwhile switching to TalkMobile, @MymsMan?  

Userlevel 3
Badge

This is our first foreign trip since covid and only for 1 week.

I have been with ID for over 5 years and it was shock when prepping for this trip to discover how much difference there was between providers on roaming charges.

My wife and I choose to use different network providers to increase the chance of one us having a signal when in more remote areas. 

For this holiday my phone will have roaming turned off for the entire trip!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hope your trip to Türkiye is a success, @MymsMan

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @MymsMan,
Welcome to the Community!

All networks offer different roaming charges as networks use different network partners.

However we do offer roaming in 50 destinations throughout the EU, EEA and beyond.

Hopefully you can use iD roaming services whilst in one of those countries in the future.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming

Kash

Userlevel 3
Badge

Perhaps iD should choose a different network partner in Turkey or even better expand its free roaming area to cover even more popular holiday destinations

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @MymsMan,

We are always working to improve our services to provide our customer with the best value.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?