Solved

Why has ID Mobile not released a security patch since 1st August 2022 for Motorola Edge 30 UK?

• 22 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3

I have owned my Motorola Edge 30 for a few months now, great phone, sadly being let down by the lack of security patch releases!

My device is still running with security patch 1st August 2022, yet here we are on 22nd November 2022!

Motorola have informed me, after providing them with my IMEI, that there is an October 2022 update that has been released by them, however, when this update is made available to me, is dependent on my carrier, not Motorola!

As I think we are all aware these days, the security of our devices is paramount! So why on earth is ID Mobile leaving my device vulnerable, by having not released a security patch since 1st August 2022?

I have obviously been checking for updates regularly through settings etc and have had automatic update option enabled from day 1!

I personally find this totally unacceptable!

What's everyone elses opinion on this and are you affected too?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Nikhil P 22 November 2022, 15:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @SteiffCollector, 

Welcome to the iD Community. 

Good question! I’ve sent this on to our Tech Team, and should hopefully have an update and explanation for you shortly. 

Thanks,
Nikhil

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @SteiffCollector, 

So we’ve just heard back from Motorola, and they advised that the October security patch update for Motorola Edge 30 deployment has began today. There was a slight delay getting this patch sent out to Edge 30 users. Device software updates sent by Motorola and not pushed by the networks - unfortunately, it appears as if you may have been miss-advised by the manufacture in this instance.  

If you don’t receive a patch update by tomorrow evening, let us know and we’ll escalate it back to Motorola. 

If your patch update comes in, please mark my response as ‘Most Helpful Answer’ this will help other users with a similar question find this topic quicker.  

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 3

Thank you for providing such a prompt response, much appreciated.

I note that you have been advised by Motorola that the October update, in relation to Motorola Edge 30, is actually pushed out directly from them and not by my carrier, ID Mobile.

I will wait to see if I receive this update in due course and will keep you posted.

Many thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Thanks @SteiffCollector - Do keep us posted. 😊

Nikhil

Userlevel 3

Many thanks to all here at ID Community for helping me with this situation.

Very happy to be able to provide an update, since your intervention, I have now received the October update for my Motorola Edge 30.

I just hope that all future updates, in particular, the security patches, are released much faster than this time, I have been waiting for a new security patch since 1st August 2022!

I really appreciate all the information provided here and for such a promp and professional response.

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @SteiffCollector, 

Happy Friday! 

That’s great news! Glad to hear that the update has been sent out. 

Do give us a shout if you need any further support in the future. 

Thanks,

Nikhil 

Userlevel 3

Thank you!
All appears to be working fine, since installing this update.
Once again, many thanks for your help with this, much appreciated.
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy Christmas, (yes, I know it's a tad early).
Take care.

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

You’re most welcome @SteiffCollector 😊

Why iD Mobile?