Solved

Why is *0# being added to the beginning of my text messages??

• 15 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve finally managed to set up my new SIM card (I’m a new customer to ID Mobile) and I thought I’d test it by sending a text to my other phone.

I sent the message “Test from ID Mobile number” but when the other phone received it, it reads “*0# Test from ID Mobile number”

I sent another one that said “Again?” and when it arrived, it read “*0# Again?”

Does anybody have any idea why it keeps adding *0# in front of my text??

icon

Best answer by Tom 20 April 2023, 13:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Moonbeam 

I’m not sure why this would be applying extra characters to the beginning of the text, have you checked text message settings to see if there are any default settings applying this?

Have you tried another SIM in the same device? The iD SIM in another device?

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Moonbeam 

I’m not sure why this would be applying extra characters to the beginning of the text, have you checked text message settings to see if there are any default settings applying this?

Have you tried another SIM in the same device? The iD SIM in another device?

Tom

Sorry, I forgot about this post.

It’s sorted now and you’re right - it was a setting on my other phone (Sony Xperia XA1) where you can add the string *0#  to the beginning of a message, to allow delivery reports on the Giffgaff network.

I figured it must have been a setting on the phone when I tried it in my other phone (Xperia 10 III) and it didn’t do it.

Sorted now, but thanks anyway  :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Moonbeam 

Glad to hear that’s sorted, thanks for also letting us know the fix, let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?