Solved

Why is my bill £10.00 more than agreed

• 1 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I don’t understand why my bill is £10.00 more than agreed. 

Two months ago, I signed up to a phone contact for £37.99 a month. The last few bills I’ve had are for £47.99. 

my allowance isn’t used up and I haven’t used any premium numbers, sent picture messages or called outside of the UK. 

Please can you confirm why this is happening? 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 2 September 2022, 00:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you downloaded a PDF copy of your last 2 pay monthly bills to see all the itemised charges?

Any out-of-plan items will have a cost against them.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your reply. When I downloaded the bill, it shows I spent 45p on a premium text service. 

This doesn’t explain the extra £10.00. It looks like they have added tax on top of my monthly payments. 

Is that normal, I thought the amount shown for your contract was including tax? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The bills should show you what plan you’ve got currently. The plan information will also be in your order acknowledgment and order complete emails from iD.

If there’s a discrepancy, you’ll need to use the iD online chat, facebook or Twitter to get assistance.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thank you, Andewhite. 

I am very new to iD mobile. What is the online chat? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The iD online chat is at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat, and it’s a way of ‘speaking’ to iD Mobile, from a pop-up window in a web browser.

If you can, I recommend using facebook (Messenger) or Twitter (by Direct Message) to speak to iD - it’s not real-time like their online chat, but it’s quick enough and you can leave them private messages out-of-office hours, which are dealt with when the iD social media next start work.

Good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Victoria Eastman 

I’m sorry to hear your bill is higher than normal, by the sounds of it you have a £10 bill cap that is being reached each month, although I’d recommend taking a look at the bill for details on any extra charges.

If you’re still unsure about the charges on your bill I’d recommend as @andewhite suggests getting in contact with us so we can take a look and detail to you what charges have been made on your bill(s).

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thank you, after speaking with someone from the iD team, it’s because moved my billing date, which caused for my bills to have a longer billing period. This made my bill higher than anticipated. 

Thank you, everyone for your help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thank you, after speaking with someone from the iD team, it’s because moved my billing date, which caused for my bills to have a longer billing period. This made my bill higher than anticipated. 

Thank you, everyone for your help. 

Glad to hear you got the answer there @Victoria Eastman !

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?