Solved

Why is my texts showing the number you gave me

Userlevel 1

I used a pac code and the number changed over but when I send a text it shows the number that I was first given and if they try and reply it doesn’t send but if they reply through a old message it sends.  

icon

Best answer by andewhite 25 July 2023, 11:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

22 replies

Userlevel 1

I too am getting same problem, ported over from virgin on 20th July.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @jason  and @Alcapone786 

Assuming you have both ported (I know you have @Alcapone786),

What device are you using the SIM in?

This is usually a settings issue and easily fixed by changing this on your end.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I am using Samsung S23 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @jason, have your tried a NETWORK RESET on your handset?

This will often correct this issue - your handset user manual should explain how to do this.
🤞 

Userlevel 1

I used another Samsung device with SIM within 5 mins all sorted.

Userlevel 1

This will often correct this issue - your handset user manual should explain how to do this.
🤞 

Nokia 5.4. I tried a network reset and it’s still the same. I’ve been on live chat and they are going to send me a new sim to try.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is there a “Chat features” option in the Messages app on your Nokia handset @jason

If there is, maybe turn OFF “Chat features” and see if that helps.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, the Nokia 5.4 doesn’t appear to be iD approved to use on the iD Mobile network @jason.

See approved devices online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets

Userlevel 1

Unfortunately, the Nokia 5.4 doesn’t appear to be iD approved to use on the iD Mobile network @jason.

See approved devices online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets

If I'd is using the 3 network why was it working fine before 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry, I’ve no idea @jason
Hopefully your replacement SIM will fix the issue.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

🤞 

Nokia 5.4. I tried a network reset and it’s still the same. I’ve been on live chat and they are going to send me a new sim to try.

Are you using Android 12 on your Nokia 5.4 @jason
I think the Messages app in Android 12 has “Chat features” enabled, which is often the cause of the issue you’ve posted about here. 

If you turn OFF the “Chat features” option in the Messages app on your Nokia handset, an SMS text should be sent from the correct mobile number. Hopefully the handset user guide explains how to turn OFF “Chat features”, in the Messages app.
🤞

I’m having the same problem - I have iPhone 12 and not aware of a “network reset” button. Please help?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m having the same problem - I have iPhone 12 and not aware of a “network reset” button. Please help?

Okay @Laura Booth, can you say a bit more about how your problem is the same? 

There isn’t a NETWORK RESET button on an iPhone - with iOS 16.5, you do this from the Settings app.

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Your iPhone user guide should also explain how to do this. 

Thanks. That didn’t work. 

What is the next step? I need my number back. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks. That didn’t work. 

What is the next step? I need my number back. 

Not sure @Laura Booth, I’m not confident I understand exactly what’s not working properly with your handset and iD SIM.

Same problem as the headline - so I ported my number over last week, it was supposed to be completed on Monday. I had my new number for a few hours and now it’s gone BACK to the number I was provided with on the idMobile sim. 

Why has this happened? 

Network reset doesn’t work. 

what do I do next? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Laura Booth, if someone calls the number you wanted to keep you don’t get the call?

If someone sends you a text, you don’t receive it?

That’s exactly it. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve recently transferred your number to iD, then that sounds like a split port @Laura Booth

Trying to get that fixed through the iD community will take you a long time - the iD staff only read user posts in this forum once a day, and sometimes less frequently. 

I’d suggest seeking assistance with this using iD online live chat, Facebook Messenger, or Twitter DM. 

The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays.

Userlevel 1

Sorry, I’ve no idea @jason
Hopefully your replacement SIM will fix the issue.

I’ve received the new sim and it seems to have fixed the problem

Same issue as the title. My number has swapped when I ring out and people msg me, but when I msg out, it's the original ID mobile number they sent me. I have reset my network as suggested above... This didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Same issue as the title. My number has swapped when I ring out and people msg me, but when I msg out, it's the original ID mobile number they sent me. I have reset my network as suggested above... This didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

There are several reasons why this might be happening @Lucyy RRichardson

Are you happy to share the type of handset you’re using with members of the iD community?  

Why iD Mobile?