Question

Why isn't your PUK code automatically available from your ID Account?

• 7 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, PUK codes - contact our Live Chat agents.

While I wait the 45 minutes for someone to answer Live Chat, I just wondered why it was not possible to automatically get your PUK code from your ID Account? It seems crazy to have to do this via Live Chat, which puts increased pressure on the Customer Service team, when they are busy enough already and only available for set hours during the day. You are able to change your account details such as your customer services PIN , your Plan, your name and address etc, put you can’t see your PUK code. Why not? I’m interested.

OK more peed off than interested now as you have cut me off from Live Chat after waiting for over 30 minutes. Not only that, you won’t let me rejoin the queue. it was 18:20 and CS is meant to be available until 20:00. What is if was in an emergency situation?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Slapdash 

A PUK code would be a security code for the SIM card itself, if a SIM card locks and requires a PUK code this is a security measure, we offer the PUK code via chat or support, I’m sorry that our live chat service has been experiencing delays recently.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your reply Tom. I appreciate it is a securtiy issue, but access to your ID Account should also be secure, perhaps it could be made more secure so that you can store a PUK code there.

I have transfered over from Plusnet, where it was just a quick phone call to get your PUK code. I had to join the Live Chat queue 3 times yesterday, with initial wait times from 45-49 minutes each time. First time I was cut off after 35 mins, second time I made it to a human, but your Chat conenction dropped after I entered my Customer Pin. I just wouldn’t like to have to rely on getting a PUK code while I was abroad, with just my phone and LIve Chat as the only methods of getting it. Anyway the 3rd time was successful and I can now take my PUK code abroad with me, securely of course, as I have always done in the past.

Thanks for your time and input.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Slapdash 

I’ll feed this back to the team.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?