Solved

Why SMS message telling me I have used 100 percent of data when my Dashboard shows 5.7Gb data remaining

• 24 July 2023
  • 1 reply

On Sun 23rd July you sent me an SMS message saying I have used 100percent of my data allowance and you will now charge me 10.24p for every 1MB of data used. I checked my data remaining on the dashboard for my account and it shows I still have 5.7 GB of data remaining. You seem to be ignoring my 6GB data ‘Add-on’ which I have already purchased, been billed for and fully paid. I have tried several times tried  to raise this on the Chat system and although you mention being able to talk to a real person I have not found this possible. Your chat BOT is 100percent useless and keeps offering to raise a SIM problem. Please send me a NEW SMS message with the CORRECT amount of remaining data allowance and remove the threat to charge me for exceeding my paid for data allowance. Until now I was pleased with ID mobile but this issue has raised sever concerns. I can accept you may have made and error but I am disappointed it seems to be impossible to discus it with a real person to resolve this problem. Your automated system is unable to recognise the problem. Please review your procedures and correct the incorrect data allowance plan to my reflect pre purchased  Add-ons. I look forward to a rapid response to this issue. 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 26 July 2023, 15:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Nick Carton 

The text is sent when the system detects your inclusive allowance has been used.

This does not apply to nor include your existing add-ons.

We are required to send this text to notify you of the charges you can possibly incur for using data when there is no add-on active.

We also send a separate text when 80% and 100% of your data add-on has been used similarly.

Unfortunately, we cannot change the way these comms are sent and whilst it may have caused some initial confusion, I hope this clears things up moving forward.

If you do have a data add-on active, then you can disregard this text as long as the add-on is both active and has allowances remaining.

As soon as it expires or is used up, then you will default to the out of plan rates which we have notifed you of as soon as the inclusive allowances were used.

To avoid charges and peace of mind, you can cap your plan at £0.00 spend.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?