Question

Wi Fi no good

• 19 November 2023
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Whenever i connect to my home Wi-Fi on my phone,it either hangs as if I'm on dial up,it it just doesn't work.

As soon as i take it off,my phone wirks fine?

I dont get it as i came from three network to ID mobile and whenever i connected previously on three,it was superfast,now it just doesn't work?

Phone is S23 Ultra.

17 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Were you using the same handset when you used Three UK @surfin?

This might be a DNS issue on your device - does your device have a setting called Private DNS mode?

Try turning this OFF - if you’ve got this setting and restart the handset after the change.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Were you using the same handset when you used Three UK @surfin?

This might be a DNS issue on your device - does your device have a setting called Private DNS mode?

Try turning this OFF - if you’ve got this setting and restart the handset after the change.

The previous handset was s21 Ultra and this one is s23 Ultra so nothing should have changed on any of the settings.

As for the dns settings,its set on automatic  as whats on my wifes phone and hers works.

Im at this minute waiting to get through to complaints 40 mins on hold and waiting as early today when i was making an important call,the otherside couldnt hear me.

I tried twice even removing sim but they still couldnt hear me.

I could only make the call after work once i left the location so ive got signal issues and ive never received 5g even though it says i can.

Then at home i couldnt even log into this website even though i knew my password was correct,i though wtf!

I got an error The CSRF token is invalid.

So i had to clear all the cache etc then it worked.

The signal at home is poor,ive just had enough for one day.

Appreciate you replying. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just curious @surfin - is the Android version running on your old S21, the same as the version running on the S23?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just curious @surfin - is the Android version running on your old S21, the same as the version running on the S23?

I will check and let you know but im pretty sure they are,as both phones had a software update yesterday about the same time.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m not an Android user but think more recent versions have a feature allowing you to copy the data & settings from one Android device to another. 

Did you use the Android option, or the Samsung Smart Switch app to migrate from S21 to S23 @surfin? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m not an Android user but think more recent versions have a feature allowing you to copy the data & settings from one Android device to another. 

Did you use the Android option, or the Samsung Smart Switch app to migrate from S21 to S23 @surfin? 

Android as i didnt have another phone to copy anything.

Just got off the phone to complaints,there sending me out a new sim to see if that will fix the issues.

Thanks for your reply.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s a strange conclusion from the complaints team @surfin - your OP mentions issues with Wi-Fi networking, not a problem with your mobile data connection. 

The handset Wi-Fi networking should work whether or not a SIM card is present in the device. I guess you never know though.

The S21 chipset supports Wi-Fi 6, while the S23 chipset supports the newer Wi-Fi 6e standard.
Perhaps there are some subtly different Wi-Fi networking configuration settings between S21 and S23 - have you tried the following:

1. Forgetting your home Wi-Fi network on your S23.
  2. Restarting the S23.
  3. Adding your home Wi-Fi network on the S23.
Userlevel 2
Badge

That’s a strange conclusion from the complaints team @surfin - your OP mentions issues with Wi-Fi networking, not a problem with your mobile data connection. 

The handset Wi-Fi networking should work whether or not a SIM card is present in the device. I guess you never know though.

The S21 chipset supports Wi-Fi 6, while the S23 chipset supports the newer Wi-Fi 6e standard.
Perhaps there are some subtly different Wi-Fi networking configuration settings between S21 and S23 - have you tried the following:

1. Forgetting your home Wi-Fi network on your S23.
  2. Restarting the S23.
  3. Adding your home Wi-Fi network on the S23.

I think there sending me the new sim card because i mentioned also that when i made a call,the otherside couldn't hear me.

Also when i first got the original ID sim,for the first few days,it wasn't sending my number i transferred over but the ID sim number.

Also when i got home yesterday there were more problems that got resolved when i removed the sim.

The problems were,

On network connections it had changed from the 4G /5G to the 3G  and i couldn't even change it back.

On access point set to default option,id i tried pressing tgat option,nothing happened  and also on my sim 2, that could not be set to on at all.

Once i removed the sim,everthing worked as it should.

So im hoping the new sim i get will resolve all the issues ive been having as if they persist,i shall be looking at changing networks.

Quick question,

I've had the contract from 29th.October 2023 and did everything in store currys carephone warehouse, so will i be able to cancel everything if the new sim dosent help?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not sure about in-store purchases - you may want to check back at the Currys Carphone Warehouse.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @surfin 

If you’ve purchased from a Carphone Warehouse/Currys store you’ll only be able to cancel within the first 14 days based on being unhappy with the signal, if your contract began on 29/10/23, this may no longer be an option.

Tom

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @surfin 

If you’ve purchased from a Carphone Warehouse/Currys store you’ll only be able to cancel within the first 14 days based on being unhappy with the signal, if your contract began on 29/10/23, this may no longer be an option.

Tom

Thanks Tom,the signal was just part of the problem🤣😂.

Not being able to make calls properly that's why ive just had a replacement sim.

Hopefully everything should work now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @surfin 

Let us know how you get on with a replacement SIM card, hopefully this helps.

Tom

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @surfin 

Let us know how you get on with a replacement SIM card, hopefully this helps.

Tom

No is the answer.

I've put in the new sim and still I'm having trouble making calls?

The otherside can't hear and tell me that the line keeps breaking up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @surfin 

Are you able to try the SIM card in another device?

How is it in different areas?

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I think this has been answered by @surfin in another forum post.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @surfin 

Are you able to try the SIM card in another device?

How is it in different areas?

Tom

Yes Tom, worked fine in another device.

I got intouch with Samsung and will be getting a replacement device as its faulty.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @surfin 

No worries, let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?