Question

wifi calling on iphone 14pro not working

• 15 July 2023
  • 9 replies

This doesn’t work despite having strong signal, it worked fine on device with previous Vodafone sim 

renders the phone useless at home as there is no network coverage despite the map saying there is! 
so will be cancelling contract if can’t be resolved

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

I’ve raised two questions about wifi calling with no response, live chat is a bot who tells me how to turn on Wi-Fi calling, which Ive now done multiple times. It is impossible to call you? Network coverage is not as stated on your network map.

How do I exit my contract in first few days?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @iHop,

Welcome to the Community!

Is this a handset purchased from iD Mobile directly?

Is Wi-Fi calling enabled on the handset?

Can you please place the handset into Airplane mode and enable Wi-Fi only, this should force the handset into Wi-Fi Calling.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Edit: I’ve merged your posts together as they both surround the same issue

If I go to flight mode then enable WiFi and attempt make a call I get a message saying I am not connected to Wi-Fi and can’t progress to try and make the call…..yet I am connected to wifi and can browse, use what’s app etc so this surely has to be a sim issue……..10 days and counting………

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If I go to flight mode then enable WiFi and attempt make a call I get a message saying I am not connected to Wi-Fi and can’t progress to try and make the call…..yet I am connected to wifi and can browse, use what’s app etc so this surely has to be a sim issue……..10 days and counting………

Do you see “iD WiFi Call” status symbol on your handset when you’re connected to Wi-Fi with your handset setup for Wi-Fi Calling @iHop

On my iPhone 13 mini, it appears in the status bar on the LHS.

Nope don’t see that

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @iHop, so with a Vodafone SIM card in your iPhone 14 Pro, you saw the WiFi Call icon in the status bar?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @iHop, I see from your other recent post that the Vodafone WiFi Call service works on your iPhone 14 Pro, from mobiles.co.uk, when using your spouse’s Vodafone SIM card. 

Unfortunately, iD often appear to struggle to fix issues like this - the worst example I’ve seen was with member @Arcticpollen, also with an iPhone and trying to use the iD WiFi Calling service.

They left iD Mobile for SMARTY and miraculously Wi-Fi Calling worked straight away.

Apple have a 50% market share of the UK smartphone market, and you’d reasonably expect that  iPhone Wi-Fi Calling just works with all UK service providers offering Wi-Fi Calling, except not always with iD it seems.

To resolve WiFi calling issues on your iPhone, follow these simple steps: First, access your iPhone's Settings. Then, scroll down and tap on Phone. Inside the Phone settings, ensure that your mobile number is correctly entered in the "My number" section. For iPhones equipped with dual SIMs, you may find the number section under "Settings" > "Mobile Service" > [Select the Appropriate SIM Card]. Was banging my head against a wall until I found this fix with experimentation, allowing you to enjoy a smoother calling experience on your iPhone.

my own no. was not there (empty phone no. By default) , i put my no. And wifi Call has appear . I will try tomorrow and see if is really working where i have poor cell network. 

Why iD Mobile?