Solved

Will all plans be upgraded to 5g if the phone supports it?

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I was thinking about switching to ID and starting a contract with a Google Pixel 5 5g. I noticed on the product page it states:

“iD 5G connectivity is not available on this phone. However it will work on our 3G and 4G network.”.

Once the 5g rollout is complete, would the plan upgrade to 5g later if I took out the contract just now? If so would there be any cost for this and would it need a new sim?

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by Emil 16 April 2021, 12:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @danos,

We don’t have any information on the 5G information just yet, however, we’d expect this to be inclusive of all plans as long as the device is compatible. I can’t say for certain as we’re in the process of rolling this out still.

Mohammed

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @danos All current iD customers will have access to our 5G network as long as they have a 5G compatible device, and as long as it has been tested and approved for use on our network. You will find more information about 5G being posted very soon ;)

Thanks, 

Emil

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @danos All current iD customers will have access to our 5G network as long as they have a 5G compatible device, and as long as it has been tested and approved for use on our network. You will find more information about 5G being posted very soon ;)

Thanks, 

Emil

It’s been confirmed @danos  :) 

Hope that answers your question. Feel free to mark Emils post as most helpful if it does!

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Great, thanks to you both :)

Hi could someone explained why my bill from 37.99 is going to 38.52 and now I have been overcharged this month of 49.92 .This is ridiculous! ID MOBILE can t do that because my bill agreement is of 37.99 and not 38.52 and now this 49.92 .I am not happy at all.

Also I have CALLED ID MOBILE today and I could not find a person  to talk ,everything is registered. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Alba

Regarding the price of £37.99 to £38.52, this is standard annual RPI increase that happens across all UK networks once a year, and is mentioned in the contract you agreed to. You should have received a Text about it recently, so if you have a look through your messages, you can find more info there.

As for your bill suddenly being £49.92, that looks to me as though some out of plan usage has occurred, or possibly that you’ve changed your Direct Debit recently. Have you changed your Direct Debit date at all?

If not, how do these charges appear on your bill?

Will

Hi Will,

I have been overcharged but I don t understand for what because  I have unlimited texts and calls and 20 gb which I don t use all and the left goes every month to the next month as usual . I have changed date bill payment from 21th of every month to the 28th of every month and can t be that much for few days. One month is one month . Also I notice the bill is been charged from 5 april  to  13/05 /2012 to of  9 days .  Next month bill is from 13 th april to the 13th May £ 38.52 .I am confused ,how can change me twice for the same month date  and for 9 days ?? done t look right to me.  My contract is one month .

Rosalba

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Alba,

Seems to look like it is the Direct Debit change that’s made your bill bigger, but we’ll Private Message you now so we can access your account and get some specifics for you.

Will

My direct debit didn t change, is always that one .Is the payment day I have changed from the 21th to the 28th ,not a bigger issue.If I know about all this problems I will never changed that.Honestly I am tried to explain to ID mobile by emailing back and for about why my bill bate start from the 5 April till the 13May and the next month are same date of April from 13 April till 14May .Be aware that are two different bills .

ID MOBILE didn't understand what is the problem I have .Is not only 49 .52 pound for the bill of April but the dates of April and May bills. The bill of April start from 05/APRIL/ till the 13 MAY and this is ok. Is the next month of May which isn't clear /correct to me .Start from 14 APRIL till the 14MAY . I don t know if you understand what I am trying to saying to you.Two bills same dates,not ok.

Why the bill of May start from the 14 April till 13 May which this dates  is all ready been added on the previous bill of APRIL

This is April bill

Why iD Mobile?