Solved

Won’t accept email

• 28 February 2023
  • 4 replies

I was previously with ID. I now have a new ID sim, which is working fine. However, it won’t let me register on the app as I only have 1 email, the one I used on my previous ID account. What can I do? Is there a way of getting rid of my old account?

icon

Best answer by Lauren 2 March 2023, 16:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I had the same problem when I rejoined iD Mobile @anne28june.
All I could do was use a different email address when I setup my ‘new’ iD account.

Good luck @anne28june.  

But I only have one email address and definitely don’t want another

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve got a Gmail email address you can add one or more dots (“.”) in the prefix to the “@gmail.com” part, which appears as a different email address to iD, but your email goes to your Gmail account anyway.

Otherwise, if you’ve got an “outlook.com” email address, you can create an alias, which also allows you to create a ‘new’ iD account.

Good luck @anne28june

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @anne28june, welcome to the community. @andewhite is correct on this one.

Unfortunately, there’s no way to unlink your email address from your previous iD account as it’s username. 

However, you would be able to get around this by using the gmail method that @andewhite mentioned. If you don’t use gmail, you would be able to create another email address. Just so that you’re aware, this email address purely serves as a username, and no verification codes will be sent to this if you ever get locked out of the app or need to reset your password. The email address already on your account for billing will remain the same. 

I hope this helps!

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?