Question

Wrong Number in imessages since porting to ID

• 29 April 2022
  • 1 reply

I ported my number from O2 this morning and phone is working. However, the number in iMessages is still showing as the old ID number and I haven’t received family texts that were sent to my ported number.

I’ve tried the suggestions in this community about switching off messages, removing SIM, waiting 15 mins, turning phone off etc…. but it’s still not working.

For the last 30 mins since I turned imessages back on it’s saying  ”Waiting for activation….”

Facetime is also showing wrong number and has spinning timer next to number.

Any suggestions on how I can resolve this ?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The following might help fix things:

1. Turn OFF iMessage (Settings > Messages), and turn OFF FaceTime (Settings > FaceTime).
  2. Sign-OUT from Apple (Settings > AppleID > Sign Out).
  3. Turn OFF your iPhone - leave it OFF for at least 10 minutes.
  4. Turn ON your iPhone.
  5. Sign-IN to Apple (Settings > AppleID).
  6. Tap Settings > Apple ID > Name, Phone Numbers, Email > CONTACTABLE AT and confirm the correct mobile number is shown. If it's not correct, use the Edit option to "Add email or phone number".
  7. Turn ON iMessage (Settings > Messages), and turn ON FaceTime (Settings > FaceTime).
  8. Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed against “Start new conversations from:” - if not select the correct number.

Anyway, hopefully this helps.

Why iD Mobile?