Solved

wrong number when texting

• 2 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello

I have recently purchased a new Samsung A35, plan has been set on it and everything seemed to be working fine, I was informed by the lady in Curry's that my old number would be transferred to my new phone, I'm not sure if this has fully happened yet as I now appear to be texting off of 1 number and phoning people on the number I want to use.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 2 February 2023, 17:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Try turning OFF the “Chat features” option in the Messages app on your Galaxy A35 @Lewis Brown.

Leave it turned off if possible - good luck @Lewis Brown

Userlevel 1

That appears to have worked, thanks 

Userlevel 1

This has now stopped working again, any other suggestions? I have never, ever had this many problems when having a new phone, making me want to leave iD already. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

All down to Google I suspect.
If you used your new A32 handset with the iD SIM before your number was ported to iD, Google will have registered your A32 handset as using the initial number you got from iD Mobile.

So, you might need to disable the “Chat features” for the ‘wrong’ number, by visiting the following page:

https://messages.google.com/disable-chat

Good luck @Lewis Brown

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Lewis Brown,

I take it from the above, when you call, the correct number shows but when you text the wrong number is showing?

the issue is down to your Android Messaging: Chat Features.

It takes some time to update in some cases and this number is wrong on Google’s servers hence the wrong number.

Turning it OFF and then ON again usually fixes it but in some cases, it does take some time to update.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?