Solved

66299 charge

• 1 July 2020
  • 6 replies

I have been charged £4.50 from 66299 getfitcoach, which is a company in Cyprus to which I have never subscribed to nor contacted. This is clearly a scam which we have also reported to the PSA. We have been loyal customers to yourselves and have never had any issues with the services you have provided. I will therefore be grateful if you could refund this money because it is nothing that we have done and it has been charged to my account via your service. 

I look forward to hearing from you soon as we cannot contact you via the phone. 

icon

Best answer by Ryan 3 July 2020, 11:26

View original

6 replies

I was charged £4.50 twice in may and june by the number 66299 getfitcoach, which is a scam company in Cyprus. I have not contacted or subscribed to this number therefore I will need a refund as this was added onto my iD monthly bill. We have contacted the PSA and they have advised that the service provider must refund the charge. We have been loyal customers to yourselves for 4 years and the rest of my family is also under your service provider. I will be very grateful if you could refund this money and contact me as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @preitysembi & @avsembi,

I have combined your posts as they are referring to the same type of charge from the same number.

iD Mobile is not able to provide a refund for these charges as the text subscriptions are signed up to from the user end and not by the network. As you mention that you did not sign up to this subscription yourself and believe you have been scammed, we'd urge you to first contact the company directly as well as PSA to obtain a refund (and be removed from their mailing lists). Contacting the company directly will be the best way of obtaining a refund.

Ryan

I have also been victim to the same scam. I have sent an email to the email address listed on their website and await further action.

I have also blocked this number and would be interested to know whether this will block any further charges from them

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Once you contact the company involved with any such premium text subscriptions like this, they should be able to offer you a refund directly for payments made.  Be sure to have them remove you from any database they have too.

If you have any issues, be sure to raise them to the Phone-Paid Services Authority (PSA) who are the regulatory body on these sorts of things.  https://psauthority.org.uk/

Once you contact the company involved with any such premium text subscriptions like this, they should be able to offer you a refund directly for payments made.  Be sure to have them remove you from any database they have too.

If you have any issues, be sure to raise them to the Phone-Paid Services Authority (PSA) who are the regulatory body on these sorts of things.  https://psauthority.org.uk/

Just signed up to mention that the repeated hand-washing from ID Mobile has convinced me not to move my number here.   Most other mobile operators (virtual or otherwise) can offer to block premium services, which would instantly remove this attack vector.   After all, the charge *is* being collected as part of the mobile operators bill, so it’s not like they’re not involved at all.   I generally think passing the buck like ID is constantly doing here, is rather weak.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @hbmtemp 

Whilst you’re entitled to your opinions.  We would have to disagree here.

The nature of the charges in question are used by charities and other services without any such issues. 

We don’t have the option on user accounts to outright block people from being able to sign up for these kinds of things, and we’ve to this point never needed to contact Three (who’s network infrastructure we use) in order to question the matter.

Whether other networks do have the possibility to block such a thing, we wouldn’t be able to speak on the matter, as we don’t have the freedom of access to see what tools are available to other networks.

Contacting any such companies directly should always result in money being returned, otherwise a complaint can be made to the PSA in order to have them investigate the matter further.

Why iD Mobile?