Solved

96 pound bill for nothing, meant to be 55

• 31 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Why is my bill, that's meant to be 55 pounds now 94?? It says pro rated line rental?? No one told me about this and I feel like I've been totally ripped off, every single month they take the money on the wrong day, they also lied about how long I would need to do a dim only deal for a contract, all I've had is lies and deceivement since I started with ID in so angry and thisbis just a complete joke nearly 100 pounds for what???? I've used nothing but my unlimited data only had the phone a week

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 31 January 2020, 11:32

Hello @Leonm1991,

That’s odd, all invoices are produced on a set date each month and the Direct Debit is collected 14-days (or just after) this date. Generally, it’s always the same day though.

We would never collect a payment earlier and if you’re not happy with the date of collection, we offer a Direct Debit date change function in the app also.

Pro-rata refers to the recalculation of your line rental on your next bill. This is most commonly after a: 

• Tariff Change
  • Upgrade
  • Direct Debit date change

Let's say your bills are produced on the 1st of each month and payment taken on the 15th of each month and your plan cost is £10.00 per month.

If you upgrade on the 2nd of the month, your bill would have already been produced for that month at £10.00 on the 1st.

We won’t make a second bill that same month, so what happens is, any adjustments are re-calculated on the next month’s bill.

So let’s say you upgraded to a £20.00 plan.

On the 1st of the next month, your bill would be produced for £20.00.

We would then re-calculate last months bill and give you a credit back from the 2nd of the previous month until the end of that month, since you were no longer on the £10.00 plan from that date.

You’ll then get charged the new plan rate from the 2nd up until the end of that month.

This figure is then added to the £20.00 bill giving you your new bill.

This is what I believe has happened, as you’ve upgraded just after your bill has been produced, leading to a higher bill this month down to pro-rata calculation.

Your future bills will then be the normal new price you agreed.

Mohammed

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hello @Leonm1991,

That’s odd, all invoices are produced on a set date each month and the Direct Debit is collected 14-days (or just after) this date. Generally, it’s always the same day though.

We would never collect a payment earlier and if you’re not happy with the date of collection, we offer a Direct Debit date change function in the app also.

Pro-rata refers to the recalculation of your line rental on your next bill. This is most commonly after a: 

• Tariff Change
  • Upgrade
  • Direct Debit date change

Let's say your bills are produced on the 1st of each month and payment taken on the 15th of each month and your plan cost is £10.00 per month.

If you upgrade on the 2nd of the month, your bill would have already been produced for that month at £10.00 on the 1st.

We won’t make a second bill that same month, so what happens is, any adjustments are re-calculated on the next month’s bill.

So let’s say you upgraded to a £20.00 plan.

On the 1st of the next month, your bill would be produced for £20.00.

We would then re-calculate last months bill and give you a credit back from the 2nd of the previous month until the end of that month, since you were no longer on the £10.00 plan from that date.

You’ll then get charged the new plan rate from the 2nd up until the end of that month.

This figure is then added to the £20.00 bill giving you your new bill.

This is what I believe has happened, as you’ve upgraded just after your bill has been produced, leading to a higher bill this month down to pro-rata calculation.

Your future bills will then be the normal new price you agreed.

Mohammed

I did upgrade your r

I did upgrade your right but my original plan was £14 a month, I upgraded pair my up front cost and my bill was only standing at £14 which cyles on the 19th of the month, so my outstanding was 14 to be paid February 5th, but now they are saying £92 (sorry 96 was incorrect), so for my bill going to Feb since I only upgraded on the 24th of January, billing cycle 19th of January. My bill should be £14, then march the 55 I'm contracted too. Since it will bill on the 19th to be paid 14 days later

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Leonm1991 

If you’d like to get in touch with our office via email, we’ll take a look at the most recent bills in detail and give you a full rundown on everything.  This should hopefully clear up what has happened.

If you could, please email our office at: communitysupport@idmobile.co.uk

Please include in your email your iD Community username, your full name, home address and postcode, mobile number, and email address.

Thanks