Question

Closed account incorrectly affecting credit file

• 30 March 2020
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I am unable to find a way to send an email to yourselves so shall post my question here.

My IDMOBILE phone number was 07402052428.

I have just obtained my full credit report from Experian and it is showing the following information about the account I held with yourselves:

I was 1 month then 3 months late with a payment of £6 then up to date. I have checked my records and I made my final payment to the contract on 18th August 2017 which was after the 24 month contract had ended. I had previously stated that I would not be continuing the contract after the 24 month point as you can see in the email above.  

With the settlement date being 15 Jan 2018 and the last updated date being 04 Feb 2018, it is clear that the 1 month and 3 months late notifications were for September onward in 2018 after my contract was finished. I received no notification from yourselves that I owed £6 and did not pay it in January 2018 to make my account balance to go to £0. I presume therefore that IDMOBILE realised the mistake at this point and cleared the balance to £0. However, this incorrect information remains on my credit report to this day, affecting my credit score as can be seen.

Can you please amend this and clear if from my credit file as soon as possible. 

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Andrew

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Andrew , 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’m sorry to see this post was not responded to.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Hi, this is similar to my problem. I had a sim only deal end of 2018/start of 2019 and found recently that I have had 3 missed payments which I am unaware of up until now when I cannot get credit. I am more than happy to pay if I owe anything and have these removed although I think it is an error. Please could somebody contact me asap. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @RobWhile 

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

I have the exact same issueZ my credit score has fallen more than 300 points. It must be an error. Please contact me asap

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Bengdheuwud 

Please contact our Live Chat team who are able to assist with account related support.  

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

We are running a limited service via webchat so you may experience extended waiting times. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Unfortunately, we’re currently working on reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

I have a similar problem can i have some help please via private message

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Lukebelafonte 

I have sent you a private message with more details.

Regards

Aklima

Hi, 

I was only recently aware of my account closure when I attempted to take out another contact and was rejected due to an unfamiliar default. I then checked Experian and found out that my iD account was closed. The email I received informing me only once it was closed a couple weeks ago with no indication of failed payments is ridiculous. The fact that I went to Carphone warehouse before Christmas to cancel the contract that I’ve had for just over a year and be told that it would be done within a couple days is confusing. As I closed my bank account that was linked direct debit I didn’t think that it would still be taking out money because I asked for the account to be closed. Now my credit score has been poorly impacted and I’m unsure of what to do. Can you guys please sort this out because this is too much for me especially as I’m a student, full time employee and on top of that corona virus. 

Regards,

Grace

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Grace.cl 

Sorry to hear about your account and credit file.

Please contact our Live Chat team who are able to look into your account  and check this for you.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on this page, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?