Solved

Data allowance/add on

• 13 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Normally on my contract I get 1.2gb of data however last month I bought an add-on to get an extra 3gb of data to use. I got a text from iD two days ago saying that I had used 80% of my data allowance and another text yesterday saying that I had used 100% of my allowance and that I would be charged for every 100mb more that I used. However on the app it says that I still have 2.9gb of data left for this month. Do I need to activate my add-on or something? I just don’t want to get charged for anything more than I need to.

icon

Best answer by Kevin 14 October 2020, 17:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Howdy @ELG 

If you’ve purchased a data add-on and you know that’s still active and good to go (it’ll be evident in the iD Mobile App) then worry not my friend.

Sometimes those text messages go out solely based off knowing what your standard allowances are each month.  Not taking into account any extra’s you may have bought.

Food for thought though.  Those add-ons tend to cost much more as one-time purchases than it would do to bump up your plan to one with more data.

If you go into your iD Mobile App and look at Plan Changes, you may see one with a few gb more a month for just a couple of quid more than you’d be paying now.

Why iD Mobile?