Question

Data Usage

• 24 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Does anyone know how to find out what is using up all my data?  I’ve used over 400 MB in a couple of days but usually manage with only 500 MB for the entire month.  I’m not aware of any unusual usage.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @PhilScott,

Which phone are you using? Most phones have a ‘data usage’ section within the settings which shows an app by app usage report of your data.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan.  Its an IPhone 6! 

Slightly bizarre.  I seem to be getting inconsistent data usage figures on the app.  My monthly app usage this month has just dropped by over 400MB to about my ‘normal’ usage rate.  Slightly confused.

Presumably you cant help with this inconsistency.  :(    

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @PhilScott,

Has this got any better recently? We heard of some reports that the data usage within the app was showing a higher amount than what was used (a visual bug, so the allowances were still fine in the background) when accessing the account via the app but this should be sorted now.

Did you check the Data Usage section of the settings app so see if any app is using a lot of data?

Ryan 

You’re right Ryan.  It does now seem to be sorted.  Usage rates have recently remained both consistent and in line with the norm.  As such I didn’t bother checking  other app usage.  
Thanks anyway for your input.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Just get in touch here if you have any concerns in future @PhilScott 

Generally speaking, keeping an eye on the Data Usage stats in your phone’s settings is the best bet to try and understand what apps are using data the most.

Then once you know the app’s behind it, you can try and work around that (use them more on WiFi instead, or alter settings within an app to try and limit data usage).

Why iD Mobile?