Solved

Debt Collection for not using the services at all (within 14 day cooling period)

• 30 December 2020
  • 5 replies

I’ve ordered a PAYG sim with unlimited data on the 1/11/2020. But for some personal reason I decided not to use ID Mobile straight after. I tried contacting ID mobile within the 14 day cooling off period to terminate my number to avoid any complications or charges. But the chat bot was useless and the same message saying all agents are unavailable to my service. I wasn’t getting any replies at all.

Therefore, the only way to terminate my plan before me being charged is to activate the sim/account, and cancel it myself online, which is what I did. I activated the sim on the 6/11/2020, and after struggling with the poor website UI, I managed to close my account. I thought everything was ok as I cancelled everything within the 14 day cooling period. I was wrong.

on the 16/12/2020, a debt collection company called Lucas Credit Service (LCS) demand me to pay a total of £20.65. I was completely lost. I tried contacting ID mobile once again and I get the same respond - no human available. I then replied to LCS to ask for clarification, and I got the reply below

We confirm that your account was opened on 01.11.2020 and disconnected on 10.11.2020. This was 1 month subscription account for mobile number 07xxxxxx, which was last used on 06.11.2020. The balance relates to usage up to disconnection.

I received another email on the 30/12/2020 by LCS threatening to file a default with a credit service agency which will affect my credit score if I don’t pay within the next 7 days. I tried contacting ID mobile, again, though FB twitter and the help chatbot - I can’t connect with anyone in ID Mobile!

I can’t believe just by ordering a SIM card from ID mobile has caused such a big interruption to me when I did not even use any of the services. I tried my best to resolve this (Trying to raise this issue with ID mobile but can’t connect with anyone) but I believe I don't owe ID mobile a single penny (at least not £20.65). What should I do?

Will file a complaint and leave a pubic review after all this is resolved.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 31 December 2020, 13:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @josephfys,

To clarify, this will have been a Pay Monthly SIM contract not a PAYG SIM.

Pay as you go plans require top-ups to use and work differently to PAYM plans which are monthly contracts that refresh every 30-days.

PAYM SIM cards are connected on dispatch.

We do not allow remote activation when/if you wanted to use at a later date.

Therefore, this SIM will have been active on dispatch. 

When you return this, any time that it’s left active for, is what you’d be billed on your final bill as per your Terms & Conditions.

If you didn’t return and processed a 30-day disconnection, then your account is cancelled in 30-days time.

You’re liable for the line rental that’s been generated so far and the final bill regardless of usage.

If this is unpaid, then you’d incur late payments as above and if still unpaid, your balance may be defaulted.

Mohammed

Thank you for your reply. I can’t believe I needed to post here to get a reply from ID mobile.

All technicalities aside, my account was close within the 14 day cooling period. Like I said, no one was available to attend to me until today. The 14 day cooling period (listed in your tnc) ensures that the consumer can fully return and obtain a refund for any of the services used or unused. I have multiple proof that I tried contacting ID mobile within the 14 day cooling period. 

The situation described above applies only after the 14 day cooling period. Even if I am uniformed/wrong about the situation, it is absolutely shambles for me to pay 20.65 just for a line rental. This is ripping off at its finest. I therefore urge ID mobile to solve this issue to avoid any more complications. 

Hope to hear from you soon

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @josephfys,

If we are contacted within 14-days of making your purchase to request a return then there will be no bill to pay unless you used extra services of course.

In this instance though, you processed a 30-day disconnection via the account and not a 14-day return; these are two different methods of cancellation. As such, the line rental generated was for the period the account was active and the charges are valid. 

I am sorry that we cannot offer any different outcome to your situation.

Ryan

HI Ryan,  

I tried multiple times to contact ID Mobile’s customer service and no one attended to me during the 14 days. Besides, the account was closed within 14 days. Is there anything you can do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @josephfys,

We can take a look at the account to review the dates to further clarify this.

I’ll send you a PM so we can request some information.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?