Question

First Bill is very high?

• 9 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

I've just received my first bill and it's suppose to be £39.99 im paying but £52.81 has came out instead. 

I haven't went  over my limit or extras I never do, I haven't swapped phone providers I was with ID with my last contract too. 

If someone could help that would be great, because I don't understand why I've been over charged that much, cheers. 

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Chloe-W-14 

Have you just completed an upgrade or plan change? If this has taken place something called ‘Pro Rota’ occurs.

I have made this graphic to help explain what happens to your bill following an upgrade or a plan change - i hope this helps explain everything for you.

Pro Rota Bill Explanation

Kind regards,

Richard C 

Hi my old plan was sim only and I was only paying £10 a month for that not the phone. So I'm not sure what type of change it was?

I received my new phone the 11th March, but my past contract for the £10 came out on the 10th march so I don't get how I'm getting charged for that either when I was on my new contract? 

I was never told about a pro rate when I got my new phone.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Chloe-W-14 

I can only apologise that pro rota was not explained to you at the point of upgrading, as the image above outlines, depending on your individual billing period and the date you upgraded the amount your old plan cost and the new plan cost are all calculated to your next billing date. 

I can see from the image of your bill, your billing date is the 21st of one month to the 20th of the next. You upgraded to a new plan on the 8th 

As all mobile phone providers bill you a month in advance for your plan, you received a credit of £3.57 for the period of the 8th - 20th. This was for the unused days on your old plan 

You were billed £47.58 for the remainder of your billing month (8th to the 20th) plus the month in advance (again all mobile phone providers do this)

So, if your new plan is £39.99 per month, you were billed £7.59 for the remainder of your billing month plus the £39.99 for the next month.

I understand pro rota billing can be a little confusing but from next months bill, as long as you haven’t exceeded your allowances this will be the correct amount.

Kind regards,
Richard C

Its fine, thank you for explaining it to me. It was super confusing haha. 

So the bill is correct then and starting next bill it should be £39.99. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

No problem @Chloe-W-14 

Hope you enjoy your easter weekend :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Richard C

Why iD Mobile?