Solved

Hundreds of text messages!

• 27 December 2018
  • 3 replies

I have had a text from iD mobile saying that I used 80% of my cap. When I looked at my account I saw that that it says I have made nearly 5,000 texts in the last month. This is clearly wrong but how can I get someone to look into this? I don’t make anything like that number of texts!
icon

Best answer by Kevin 4 January 2019, 16:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Frangrace

I would recommend going to your nearest Carphonewarehouse or Knowhow so they could check if you have got any malicious app or virus on your phone that may send messages in background without your knowledge.
Badge +10
@Frangrace in the interim to add to what Hikari as mentioned install a good antivirus app like avast or bitdefender and do a scan of the mobile, if it finds any anomalies and rouge apps it will tell you...
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
I have had a text from iD mobile saying that I used 80% of my cap. When I looked at my account I saw that that it says I have made nearly 5,000 texts in the last month. This is clearly wrong but how can I get someone to look into this? I don’t make anything like that number of texts!

Hi @Frangrace

Are you 100% sure you're reading your remaining allowances right? From memory, it would be telling you what you have remaining (not what you've used).

Feel free to contact our Live Chat Team though if you need further help with getting any recent usage looked at on your account.

Why iD Mobile?