Solved

My bill is higher after upgrading

• 26 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I had a monthly £5 plan and upgraded to a £25.99 PM plan with no up front costs but my first bill is £47.36.  On line chat says that as I upgraded part way through the month I would have to pay the full month, no problem with this but can’t see how this adds up.  When I was able to see this months bill I have a monthly recurring charge of £38.04.  Where this comes from I don’t know.  As this phone is for my son I will have to pay; but trying to get any information how this bill is made up!

icon

Best answer by Rory 31 October 2020, 14:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @SirBruceTheBald,

I am sorry to hear this! Did you change the billing date after upgrading? Changing the billing date can cause the billing period to be extended temporarily so you may see that the bill in question covers a long period than just the normal 30/31 days.

Ryan

I just need someone  to help with the amounts charged, I cannot work out how these totals were reached and trying to get an answer that is not a cut and paste one.  Going from a £5 PM to a £25.99 PM contract.  Any help would be apricated. Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @SirBruceTheBald, your new monthly tariff is £25.99. As you can see from the bill, this payment covers the period from 02/10 to 24/11, which is much longer than a month, which is why we get the higher cost. Your bill will revert to the standard price next month, as long as you don’t incur any additional charges.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?