Solved

overcharged

• 18 November 2020
  • 8 replies

My name is Emmanuel. I like to lodge a complaint and express my disdain for the service on my phone contract.

I bought the Galaxy A70 from a Carphone Warehouse outlet in Coventry last year August for £336 and it was to be a 12 months contract with £25 monthly payment.

At the moment I can see a 24 month contract for this purchase on my IDmobile app and that would mean I will pay more than double the amount of the phone. Right now I have paid an extra £60 to what it's worth and I believe that is unfair. 😡😡

icon

Best answer by Ryan 16 December 2020, 12:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Emmanuel,

We are sorry to hear about that. All of our phone contracts are currently 24-months long so there may have been some confusion there. Did they sell you the phone SIM Free and then sold you a 12-month SIM-only contract or was the phone on a handset contract?

Either way you would need to contact Carphone Warehouse directly for help with this because it was sold through their channel.

Ryan

Hi Ryan, I've contacted Carphone Warehouse and they said they couldn't be of any help and would be best to speak with ID mobile. 

Also it was a 12 month phone contract that came along with the ID sim card. Very upset about the Live Chat not working. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Emmanuel,

Ah I see. As mentioned, we do not sell 12-month phone contracts; they are all 24-months long so there is no issue on our end here. We wouldn’t be able to help you further with this fact and you will need to be persistent when speaking to Carphone Warehouse because they have potentially missold you based on the contract length and they will need to investigate what was said at the point of purchase. 

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I hear you and I will follow with Carphone, however what points can I make this argument with, what would you have me say to them.

I have been overcharged since i have had this network supposed to be £24.99 but its always been abit over bit last month just took the biscuit £33.00 plus that is in november i want this sorted out immediately or im going to have terminate my contract this is appaling

And you dont have a contact number to contact appalling

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Emmanuel 

At no point in our history (to date) have we sold any phone contracts that are 12-months.  In fact I don’t think Carphone Warehouse do 12-month phone contracts neither.

12-month contracts only tend to be a thing for certain SIM-only contracts, at least in the UK.

Really all we could suggest would maybe be to contact Carphone Warehouse, either through their website or through their Facebook or Twitter and possibly ask them to pass on your experience to the Branch Manager.  If perhaps any known history of misinformation was coming through the person who is attached to the sale there, then they may be able to honour what you’re telling them.

All the paperwork following the sale though would mention that it’s a 24-month contract, as it would also mention in the iD Mobile account.  So this might be hard to verify so long after your purchase we’d imagine.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Tye 

Do you have your iD Mobile account registered?

If so, you should be able to see copies of all your bills within the iD Mobile App or our website for you to see exactly what any charges were.

Most commonly it would be for going beyond your allowances in a particular month and being charged extra for any such outside of a plan usage.

For instance, if you only have 2GB data per month, and you used that.  Subsequent data use would then be charged extra on top of your normal line rental.

If you log in to your account you can always set a Cap on your account to prevent bills from going over.  If you have further questions though, just let us know here and we’ll continue to help make sense of things for you.

Why iD Mobile?