Solved

Recurring Overcharge

• 27 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve been over charged on my November bill. How do I speak to somebody about getting this refunded?! 

I would be very surprised you aren’t in breach of your DD guarantee seeing as you haven’t made any effort to refund me the difference. Please respond to this ASAP!

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 30 December 2020, 14:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Bennett1991,

This overcharge won’t be a breach of the Direct Debit Guarantee”  as we produce your bills each month in the app and notify you in advance of what we’re going to be billing you this month.

Have you tried viewing the PDF bill to see what these charges are for?

All of our bills are fully itemised and provide a breakdown of the charges on page 2 onwards.

Use this tool: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/understanding-my-bill for help on understanding how our bills are broken down.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I’ve viewed the PDF (see attached). You’ve charged me £12.37 (exc VAT & UK charge) rather than the £6.67 (exc VAT) that I pay on a monthly basis for my agreed DD. 
Breach or not, you’ve made an error and not the first and you haven’t bothered to rectify it. Could you tell me who I need to speak to resolve this?

Userlevel 1

Hello @Bennett1991,

This overcharge won’t be a breach of the Direct Debit Guarantee”  as we produce your bills each month in the app and notify you in advance of what we’re going to be billing you this month.

Have you tried viewing the PDF bill to see what these charges are for?

All of our bills are fully itemised and provide a breakdown of the charges on page 2 onwards.

Use this tool: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/understanding-my-bill for help on understanding how our bills are broken down.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Bennett1991,

I’ve viewed the PDF (see attached). You’ve charged me £12.37 (exc VAT & UK charge) rather than the £6.67 (exc VAT) that I pay on a monthly basis for my agreed DD. 
Breach or not, you’ve made an error and not the first and you haven’t bothered to rectify it. Could you tell me who I need to speak to resolve this?

A Breach of your Direct Debit would occur if we produced a bill for the amount of £6.67 ex VAT and then proceeded to charge you the £15.14 on this invoice.

This is not a breach due to our bills being produced in advance, outlining what the charges are for.

From what I can see, the line rental for this invoice covers the period of 11th October 2020 - 5th December 2020.

It looks like the Direct Debit date has been changed here, thus the line rental is for a bigger period due to change.

When you change your Direct Debit date, we push back the date your bill is produced. This can mean no bill for a month and then your next bill date covers 2 months worth as here.

You’ve still been billed at your old plan rate, but the line rental for this bill covers almost 2-months of line rental.

Where 11th October 2020 - 10th November 2020 would be 1 month

11th November 2020 - 5th December 2020 covers the remaining 24 days.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?