Solved

Settling account and keeping number on new SIM only deal

• 5 January 2021
  • 5 replies

I signed up to a 24 month contract with Carphone Warehouse on iDmobile and returned phone and SIM within the 14 day return window as my new employer has given me a dual SIM phone to use when I start later this month. I have a small unpaid bill with iD for usage before the phone and SIM were returned which I am trying to pay. I also want to purchase a SIM only deal and keep the number registered to my account with that. Every time I log in and go to my billing it shows me the amount to pay but there is no ‘make a payment’ option. There is a ‘see more details’ tick box but every time I click on that it asks me to log back in again. So I would like to know how to settle the account and what steps I need to take get a new SIM deal with the number registered to my account. Apologies if I am asking questions for which there are blindingly obvious answers.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 6 January 2021, 14:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Juanpablopepper 

You can make payment by calling our automated line. 0333 003 7777 (charges may apply).

Select option 2 to hear your balance or to pay your bill.

As you are looking to take out a new SIM-only plan, you would be given a new mobile number. 

Michelle 

Hi Michelle

I rang that number and entered my iDMobile number 07899 912983 but it said that is ‘not a valid iDMobile number’. I am unable to pay this bill unless someone is willing to call me on my current number 07783 518986. 

Regards, Malcolm

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Juanpablopepper,

We would advise you to contact our Live Chat Team here so that they can assist you further with your payment details as we wouldn’t be able to take payment here I’m afraid.

Ryan

Hi Ryan - so I loaded tyhe4 app but there was nowhere for me to pay and it said ‘Error’ below my number on the dashboard. i then had another go at getting somewhere with the chatbot to no avail and asked to chat with a person. the bot said they were transferring me to the next available operator but they were very busy - i waited and waited but my session was timed out due to inactivity. So my experience is that iDMobile just keep sending me round the same automated loops without attempting any form of live intervention that might sort this out. You have my number. I have done all that I can to pay what I owe. I have wasted enough time trying to resolve this. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Juanpablopepper 

We will send you a Private Message so we can advise you what your iD mobile number was. Once you have this you can then call  0333 003 7777 to pay your bill.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?