Solved

VAT charges on bill?

• 19 November 2019
  • 17 replies

Why have I been charged VAT on my latest bill?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 20 November 2019, 16:00

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Annreid1

All of our invoices would include VAT on them as we’re required to print these on the bills.

The total price (including VAT) would match the plan you signed up for.

We breakdown the figures with the VAT added at the end but this won’t change how much you pay.

For example, if you signed up to the £5.00 plan, it may show as line rental: £4.00 and then VAT £1.00.

You’ll still pay the correct price, but it’s just how we breakdown the figures.

Mohammed

Hi there- I am looking at pay monthly deals and want to upgrade my phone to £50.99 a month. But does this include VAT or will I be charged VAT extra each month?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Aoifeoc98 

The price you see is the price it is! VAT is included there.

Tom

Userlevel 1

I’ve received my first bill and VAT is on top of the amount I signed up for which was 32.99 a month. The VAT takes it to £40! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’ve received my first bill and VAT is on top of the amount I signed up for which was 32.99 a month. The VAT takes it to £40! 

Prices are broken down on the bill without VAT and added after but the bill should be the same amount.

If your line rental seems higher (i.e. 32.99 what you agreed and 40.00 being charged) you likely chaned your Direct Debit date leading to a bigger bill period.

All prices quoted at the time of purchase included VAT already so we would not charge extra later.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Ok Mohammed. I haven’t changed my direct debit date however. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ok Mohammed. I haven’t changed my direct debit date however. 

Okay @Missbern, the VAT due on £32.99 would be £6.60, making your bill £39.59 (including VAT).

There’s 41p unaccounted for?
Have you checked the itemised charges section on your £40 bills?

Good luck @Missbern

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andewhite i have checked my itemised bill and there aren’t any extra charges 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks @andewhite i have checked my itemised bill and there aren’t any extra charges 

Okay @Missbern, what about the 41p discrepancy?

If your iD plan is £32.99/month, then your monthly bill including VAT would be £39.59 - not £40.00.  

Userlevel 1

The invoice states 12th of September to 18th of October monthly recurring charge is £33.83. The vat on that is £6.76 taking it to a total of £40.59. There are no extra charges listed on my bill so not sure where the £33.83 is coming from

Userlevel 1

@andewhite and my august invoice was £32.99 inclusive of vat. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Missbern, what invoice dates are shown on your July, August and September iD bills?

Seems your latest bill has a monthly recurring charge period longer than a month - 12-Sep-2022 through to 18-Oct-2022.

What time periods are shown for your monthly recurring charges on your July and August bills?

I don’t work for iD, but it does seem your direct debit date has been changed recently.

Userlevel 1

Ah. My first invoice was in august from the 12th to the 11th of September. DD was taken on the 27th. September invoice 12th September to 18th of October an DD is due on the 3rd October so it has been changed. Not sure why. I haven’t changed it. But that suits me better anyway. Do you think that’s why it’s more! @andewhite ? Ps thank you so much for helping me!

Userlevel 1

Sorry that should say from the 12th of august to the 11th of September 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Missbern, in that case it looks like from October 2022 your bill you’ll be back to £32.99/month.

Your latest bill was more because it covered more than 1 month (12th Sep to 18th Oct).

Good luck.
🤞

Userlevel 1

It does say next months bill is £32.99. Thank you again and fingers crossed like you say @andewhite 👍🏻

Userlevel 1

Thanks Kash. Hopefully it will rectify itself next month 

Why iD Mobile?