Question

billing queries

• 7 December 2022
  • 3 replies

What idoes uk mean on my bill, haven't seen it before and it's for approx £19.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just look at the PDF copy of your bill for a full breakdown of all the charges @Scott Maguire.

Good luck. 

being charged for this number 78484 believe it scam can you please block this number request a refund my bill has doubled please can you help how do i stop my data running out 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Scott Maguire, @andewhite is correct in that there will be a full breakdown of your bill on the pdf. copy. For the £19, is this listed as having extra charges? 

For this one, @Mrs k Davies to block the number, I’d recommend texting back with ‘STOP’ in all capital letters which should stop these text messages coming through an incurring an extra charge.

iD Mobile is not able to provide a refund for these charges as the text subscriptions are signed up to from the user end and not by the network. We're unable to stop these or unsubscribe you to these from our end. In most cases, you will need to text STOP to the number to stop the subscription. Doing so may incur a further charge for sending the text, however, it should stop any further communication from them.

If you did not sign up to this subscription yourself and believe you have been scammed, we'd urge you to first contact the company directly to obtain a refund (and be removed from their mailing lists). There's a regulatory body called the Phone-paid Services Authority (PSA) who regulate these companies. You can use their website at https://psauthority.org.uk to locate the information about the company. If you've already contacted the company and failed to retrieve a resolution, you can make a complaint via PSA directly. Please also see the following article which refers to this type of situation: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/im-being-charged-for-unwanted-premium-rate-text-messages it may provide some further insight into these types of subscriptions.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?