Solved

Breakdown of data usage

• 13 September 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

For the first time since I joined around 4 years ago, I have incurred data charges.  Is there a way to see a breakdown - just dates to understand why this has happened, please?

Usually, I am well inside my allowances so this is a worry.

icon

Best answer by R3dsid3bo5rd 14 September 2022, 18:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Try looking at a PDF copy of your bill covering the period the charges where incurred.

Locate “Your invoice breakdown” section, within that the “Mobile Internet Browsing” sub-section.

Anyway, good luck @R3dsid3bo5rd.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I can’t at the moment as I don’t have next months pdf but thank you for the info, as soon as it is available I will try.  Thanks again.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I can’t at the moment as I don’t have next months pdf but thank you for the info, as soon as it is available I will try.  Thanks again.

You can avoid unexpected charges by setting the bill cap for your iD plan to £0.

Anyway, hope you get to the bottom of the additional data charges on your account @R3dsid3bo5rd.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you for all responses.

I discovered on my phone where the problem had arisen - Blockaduko!  I had played, thinking I was online but it came out of my phone’s usage and not broadband.

I have now deleted the game.

Userlevel 1
Badge

You can avoid unexpected charges by setting the bill cap for your iD plan to £0.

Anyway, hope you get to the bottom of the additional data charges on your account @R3dsid3bo5rd.

Thank you, will look into that. Don't want to be caught out again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thank you, will look into that. Don't want to be caught out again.

Glad you got to the bottom of this @R3dsid3bo5rd,

You can turn off data and only use WiFi when you’re at home as a surefire way of preventing data usage.

I know that I have plenty of data but as I’ve been doing this since I was a kid, I just cannot leave Mobile data on when I’m at home! That said, it saves extra battery life too!

Mohammed

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you Mohammed, I usually do this and must have forgotten after being out and needing data.  It is all back on track and I’ve learnt.  Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@R3dsid3bo5rd 

No worries. If you require any assistance in the future, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1
Badge

I can't locate the 'most helpful answer' button.

I've tried / tapped on everything but it isn't making itself known.

Any assistance on this would be helpful ... without starting a new thread. 🤔

Thank you

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I can't locate the 'most helpful answer' button.

I've tried / tapped on everything but it isn't making itself known.

Any assistance on this would be helpful ... without starting a new thread. 🤔

Thank you

You gave most helpful answer 2 weeks ago @R3dsid3bo5rd 

🙂

Why iD Mobile?