Question

Cannot download bills, says need storage permission

I Cannot download bills, says need storage permission but there is no option in the app settings to allow storage. 

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @PaulnMandy,

Can you try logging into the account here: https://my.idmobile.co.uk/ and see if you have the same issue?

Mohammed

Thankyou Mohammed

I can download from website, so is just the app that has issue

will use website to download bills.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @PaulnMandy,

If you require any assistance, please let us know and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I am experiencing the same problem, it works via website login,but not the app, appears to be technical glitch.

Can this be escalated to IT helpdesk to fix pls ID  customer service 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Alcapone786,

Can you confirm what device are you using to access the app on?

Is this one we provided you or one you purchased elsewhere?

Have you tried changing the permissions as outlined in the message?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi its Samsung s23 provided by ID.

There is no option on menu settings to change as per the alert message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Alcapone786,

Please could you go to your settings and then permission manager.

From here please select storage and ensure that the iD Mobile app is set to allowed.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi to anyone having this problem. I also have this problem and also on another couple of apps. I have done a bit of research, basically because of  security restrictions in Android 13, some apps cannot access storage and need updating. Sounds like a job for app developer.

Google ' Android 13 permission changes'

The problem still persists as I found after upgrading to a phone running Android 14. 

I wonder if this is the same bug as Android 13 or a different one!

Userlevel 1

I cannot believe this problem still persists with the app. Is there no-one capable of updating the app to be compatible with Android 13/14 upgraded permissions. Come on ID, get your finger out!

This is not, repeat NOT a phone problem as downloads can be done via the website.

Userlevel 2

I have the same problem with PC website and phone I want to check my bill due to extra charges incurred when roaming in January. The App, automated chat response and website are absolutely rubbish and I shall be moving away from ID as soon as my contract runs out in July. I guess you get what you pay for...CheapS***

Userlevel 1

Same problem on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 14.

App asks for a setting to be enabled that is not available.

I am able to download from other apps without the permission (which is not available anyway) which suggests the ID mobile app is not using the correct api.

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I am having a similar issue, I am not able to download my bills from my phone and at the same time I am unable to download the bills online. Can anyone offer some advice please.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have the same problem with PC website and phone I want to check my bill due to extra charges incurred when roaming in January. The App, automated chat response and website are absolutely rubbish and I shall be moving away from ID as soon as my contract runs out in July. I guess you get what you pay for...CheapS***

Apparently there’s an incident affecting access to PDF bills, @Michael Wood

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Michael Wood,

Welcome to the Community!

There is an issue with viewing bills and the team are working on getting it resolved.

You can check for updates on our announcement page below:

Kash

Hello, I have read the thread about being unable to view/download PDF bills, and although the thread says the issue is resolved for all customers, it"s still an issue for me. I don't have an option on my phone to grant "storage" permission. I have RealMe 9 android device. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Galgirl 

This is an issue with downloading via the iD Mobile app, are you able to instead try downloading on the website?

The thread mentioned above is for a completely separate issue to being unable to download from the app due to being unable to grant storage permissions.

Tom

@Tom - thanks for the response. Like the others commented, I can indeed download from the website but it's frustrating to not have this feature working on the app and to be "told" (through "error" message) to change something in the phone settings that doesn't even exist. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Galgirl 

We understand the frustration, with the new app launching on 05/03/24, hopefully this might see a fix.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?