March 2023: CPI+3.9% annual increase.

• 30 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Are you as worried as I am about the CPI increase. If inflation continues to rise, as forecast, then it may be up to 12%+ next year. This means that the annual increase could be 13% + 3.9%, which equals around 17%+.

I have assumed that the original formula was devised when interest rates were really low, in order to give the relevant firms some increase in income.  However….I doubt that they thought that inflation would rise to its present level. In my opinion the relevant companies should now reconsider their position for next year and give undertakings that the present formula will NOT be applied without thought.

Opinions…………….

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Why should you pay an annual increase which includes the cost of the phone? The phone doesn’t cost the network that supplies it any more over time.

Userlevel 1

After I wrote my message I found out that with a SIM only deal there will be no CPI+3.9% increase in costs (hopefully). However….if anyone out there has a broadband contract with any supplier then beware….a large annual cost is heading your way - complain now

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

For SIM only plans, CPI increase won’t apply.

For any plans subject to a CPI, information will be announced shortly and all customers will be notified prior to the increase.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?