Question

SPAM Text from +44 7485 687331

• 15 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Received this text this morning.

ID: Your monthly paymeny failed, in order to continue using our services please verify your details here: https://bit.ly/36BATMM

Suspect this is a phishing text as my payment date is the end of each month.

Where do I report this on the ID site, can’t find on ID site.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Graeme Campbell,

Thanks for letting us know.

Messages should come from iD or iD Mobile rather than a standard mobile phone number so this looks to be an illegitimate text I'm afraid. Please forward the text to 7726 so our Security Team can investigate this. Thank you.

We also have an article about this here: 

- Ryan

I received exactly the same text message on Wednesday 14/06/21, from +44 7485 616085.

Unfortunately, as my husband died last month & I have closed some accounts, I DID RESPOND (stupidly) to this text, authorising a payment of £6.

This has not been taken from my Bank Account & I’m very worried about what I have done!

I will forward the text to 7726

I received exactly the same text message on Wednesday 14/06/21, from +44 7485 616085.

Unfortunately, as my husband died last month & I have closed some accounts, I DID RESPOND (stupidly) to this text, authorising a payment of £6.

This has not been taken from my Bank Account & I’m very worried about what I have done!

I will forward the text to 7726

I did the exact same, what should I do now in order to get my money back ? 

Thanks, 

Jas.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Jas Kaur and @BDJ,

Just to check that all is OK with your account, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Why iD Mobile?