Solved

Will the RPI/CPI Index for 2023 apply to SIM only plans?

• 2 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello, just wanted to check if there will be an price rise in April to a sim only customers?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 6 March 2023, 13:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I don’t think so @Jensen - my iD SIM only plan never had an April price hike over many years.

I believe the RPI/CPI annual increase only applies to iD handset contracts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Jensen 

The CPI/RPI increases are not applicable this year to SIM only customers.

Mohammed

I have just had my latest bill through: I have a Sim + mobile contract which was originally sold to me at £32.99 in July of 2022. The fact that it has now gone up to £37.41 is absolutely extortionate: particularly as this extra 13% has been applied to the WHOLE contract including the cost of the phone, and not just a line rental element (which is around £10 with ID at present.) So am I paying 13% extra for the phone as well as the line rental...

This means buying both a phone and sim through ID is simply not a viable option: particularly as I can see it going up again next April by a similar amount.

Having been through customer services who told me there is nothing that can be done (I’m willing to pay off the phone) I have REALLY learned my lesson here. I’ve never been burned so much by a provider: I’ll not let it happen again. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @FitsTolan, I can certainly understand the frustration here, and we understand the point you’re making. Our 24-month phone contracts are bundled up into one price, meaning that the price for the phone and SIM aren’t separated. This means that the 13% price increase affects the whole plan. 

-Lauren

Thanks for responding Lauren. Yeah as I mentioned above I’ll not be doing this again. A 13.5% increase is 3% over inflation and is simply unacceptable. I cannot believe provider costs have gone up by this amount and I’ve certainly not read that ID employees have had such a pay increase - I would be almost delighted if they had. Suspect the Directors will get an equivalent pat on the back though. Just annoys me that companies can get away with increasing prices by such an amount but far more deserving parties such as Doctors and Nurses are having to go on the streets to get even a third of this level of increase. Something is just not working here. I’ve not bought a phone on contract for years - I won’t give companies such as ID the opportunity to rip me off in this way again

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @FitsTolan, I can certainly understand the frustration here, and we understand the point you’re making. Our 24-month phone contracts are bundled up into one price, meaning that the price for the phone and SIM aren’t separated. This means that the 13% price increase affects the whole plan. 

-Lauren

Do iD offer any other duration/s of minimum term for handset contracts @Lauren?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @FitsTolan, I can certainly understand the frustration here, and we understand the point you’re making. Our 24-month phone contracts are bundled up into one price, meaning that the price for the phone and SIM aren’t separated. This means that the 13% price increase affects the whole plan. 

-Lauren

Do iD offer any other duration/s of minimum term for handset contracts @Lauren?

No

Why iD Mobile?