Skip to main content
Question

Two Direct Debit Dates for the same billing period

• 19 August 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve very recently joined ID Mobile and I’ve got my first bill for the billing period 13/08/2024 - 12/09/2024.  On the pdf downloadable bill the DD date is given as 28/08/2024.  However on my App and on the On-line account page it says “Your next bill so far” for the period 14/08/2024 to 12/09/2024 and then “Your payment will be taken via Direct Debit on or around 27/09/2024.

I’ve spoken to customer service to clarify this confusion and I’m advised that this App and On-line DD date will be for my next billing period (i.e. 13/09/2024 - 12/10/2024).  I’ve accept this and sought assurance I am not paying twice for the same billing period and I’ve received this confirmation.  However I’m still concerned about this mismatch between the two DD payment dates ostensibly against the same billing period.  Does anyone else see this same effect.  If so is it just for the initial billing period and then it settles down from the second month of the contract?  I’ve asked customer services to raise it as a technical query as it looks like a bug to me.  

I’d appreciate feedback from anyone else that has observed this mismatch.

Hi @corgimajor 

This is normal, with a billing period you’ll pay 2 weeks previous and 2 weeks in advance, with payment being in the middle.

If you incur extra costs, they may only show up on a future bill, however you shouldn’t ever be paying for the same billing period’s normal monthly line rental twice.

Tom