Question

My mum accidentally ordered a new SIM instead of upgrading her existing plan. How does she cancel the order?

• 20 April 2020
  • 7 replies

My mum has been with ID for a while. She wanted to upgrade her plan to one that gives her unlimited minutes, but unfortunately, she somehow managed to place an order for a new SIM instead.

I had a look and found the option to upgrade her existing plan, which I have done for her, but I can’t see any way to cancel the order she placed, nor does there seem to be any way to contact customer services.

Can you please advise me what she should do, as I don’t want her to be charged for a second SIM that she will never use? Many thanks.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Sigma 

I have sent you a direct message with more information. 

I hope this helps.

Regards 

Aklima

Hi

I also have the same problem. By mistake I ordered a new Sim as I was trying to upgrade my monthly plan. Can somebody help me to cancel it. 
Thanks

Soumi

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Soumi Paul 

We do send out a new SIM if you have processed an upgrade incase you need it. 

Have you actually ordered a new SIM or could it be due to the upgrade ?

Please let us know.

Thanks, 

Pearl

Hi, 

I've done the same thing, accidentally ordered an upgrade instead of changing my existing plan in the app. How can I cancel the order?

Kind regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Sandyclaws an upgrade is changing your existing plan. What about what you’ve dome makes you believe it’s wrong? It’s just that what you’ve described sounds correct is all

Will

Hi @Will

I believe I did it wrong because I got an order number. Last time I change my plan I never got order number, it just changed to my new plan later that day.

I've checked my account and it has changed to the new plan so I think I jumped the gun on asking for help with the situation. 

Really appreciate the reply, thank you!

Kind regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

It sounds like you’ve nailed it to be honest @Sandyclaws , but we’re glad you dropped us a message all the same. Nothing wrong with reaching out for some assurance.

Please know you’re always welcome to drop us another message on here if there’s anything you need clearing up, it’s what we’re here  for.

Take care and stay safe,

Will

Why iD Mobile?