Question

Request PAC but dont want to cancel contract

• 15 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi All, hope everyone is keeping safe?

I’m looking for advice. I’m currently on a contract which expires in July however my phone is an old Iphone model and struggling to perform, not only that I’m finding I’m using all my data/minutes up each month which is costing more money than its worth. I want to continue paying until the end of my contract rather than pay the cancellation fee. In the meantime I wish to transfer my number over to my new provider, I was concerned that  If request a PAC code I will automatically be charged the cancellation fee? Also is transferring numbers even possible during Covid if no staff are available? i presume if it is there will be a delay but i cant have my number down for too long as i require it for work and have elderly relatives who need to contact me during this time. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks Jo

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Jo Moore 

Thank you for you post and I’m sorry to read that your considering leaving iD mobile.

Please click on this link https://community.idmobile.co.uk/cancellations-59/how-to-cancel-your-id-mobile-plan-31836  for information regarding PAC code request, termination charges (if any) and validity period.

There should not be a delay in us processing your PAC request . 

Hope this answers your questions.

Pearl

Hello Pearl

As discussed i dont want to cancel the plan just keep it going till it expires, but i do wish to change my number before that date, is this possible?

Thanks Jo

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello @Jo Moore,

Porting your number to another provider before the end of your contract is not possible as this would incur an early termination charge.

In order to port your number to a new network provider you would have to supply them with a PAC code. With iD Mobile when a PAC code is received from another network provider it would normally take us 1 - 2 working days depending on when it was submitted. However, I cannot comment on what time scales other network providers have to process this. Perhaps, it is worth contacting the new provider for information on this and also check if this will have any impact on your number being available.

Please note that making a request for a PAC code will not automatically mean that you have cancelled your contract with us or that you will be charged an early termination fee. You will only be charged an early termination fee if you provide the PAC code to your new provider before the end of your contract. Please note that a PAC code is valid for 30 days, therefore, you can always request this during the last month of your contract.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?