Question

Unlock ID iPhone 7

• 12 May 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve recently ported 4 lines from ID to another provider

only because of functionality not available from most other networks not just ID. I’ve always found ID have great coverage and customer service as well as great prices and wouldn’t have moved provider if I didn’t have too. 

Anyway, 3 of the 4 lines have gone without a hitch. One iPhone 7 however seems to be locked to ID. This was quite surprising as the contract wasn’t originally taken out with ID for this phone

With ID call centres being closed and live chat not active, how do I now get this phone unlocked?

The number has already been ported so I have a phone and contract being payed for that can’t be used and a very unhappy teenage daughter!

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @StuP 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

I would like to unlock my IPhone 7.

Contract ended in July 

Contract ended in July 2020, would like to unlock my IPhone 7

Need to unlock my IPhone 7

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Miss T, I’ve merged all of your posts into this thread. Please refrain from posting multiple times about the same issue.

As long as you bought your iPhone with us after July 2017, it’ll already be unlocked. Have you tried a different SIM in it?

Thank you,

Rory

Hi, 

Yes I have tried another sim card but it does not work

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hmm, presumably you took the contract out in July 2018 then? The phone should definitely be unlocked if that’s the case. Does that SIM work in any other device?

Do you get any sort of error or does the phone simply not receive signal?

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?