Question

internet

• 26 April 2020
  • 6 replies

My internet is running so slow, it’s fine for video but normal browsing it’s snail paced - it’s awful on 4g… what do I do? I’m on a iPhone 7 running the new iOS 

6 replies

Badge +10

@Ryand180 

Clear the browser history and cache and then turn the mobile off and back on…. sorts it for me!

go to Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data. Clearing your history, cookies and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.

Thanks for the message; didn’t work unfortunately- I’m guessing they have slowed me down for high usage… hardly unlimited it’s only on a 30 dayer and I can change 

Badge +10

@Ryand180 if they had slowed you it would effect all data traffic not just browsing, I sincerely do not think they have slowed your data… 

This is a good point! Any other ideas?

Badge +10

@Ryand180 

Avoid Opening Too Many Tabs/Apps Simultaneously 

Safari could be noticeably slower when you open many tabs at a time, especially when your iPhone is short of storage. So when the browser becomes slow, close all unneeded tabs and see how it works. 

Close Safari Tabs - bottom right icon from with safari

Disable Background App Refresh 

On iPhone, open Settings > General > Background App Refresh.

Turn off Background App Refresh.

Badge +10

@Ryand180

Have a look thru this long list of battery saving tips

https://www.lifewire.com/tips-to-extend-iphone-battery-life-1999884

Not all will be appropriate for your internet issue but some might be worth a try.

Such as 1, 8, 14 and 25

I have the majority enabled on my iPhone just to save battery however some others do speed up the mobile considerably - please Ignore 2, 5 and 27.

Why iD Mobile?