Solved

Issues with calls and texts on iPhone 8 Plus

• 2 August 2020
  • 4 replies

I have an iPhone 8 Plus and have had an iD sim only contract since my previous phone. Recently I have issues sending and receiving text message and iMessages even with strong phone service/4G and WiFi and it won’t load apps which require internet connection or webpages. Also I sometimes can’t make or receive any calls with strong mobile service or WiFi calling, the calls either go straight to voice mail right after it starts ringing (the call fails) or it won’t connect at at and eventually fails.
I was wondering if this was potentially an issue with my sim or with the actual phone itself (I’ve had it for just over two years now)?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 3 August 2020, 18:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Hannah.seymour,

I’ve moved your post to the coverage section of the Community as I think it could be an issue relating to the coverage as opposed to the handset, but let’s do some tests to see if we can narrow it down.

To start, are you having the issue only at home? Or is this anywhere you go? 

For example, if you’ve travelled recently around 2 miles away from your home, does the issue persist?

Have you tried (as Roy would say) ‘turning it off and on again’? 

More often than not, a quick restart refreshes you on the network and also updates to any changes should mast work have recently been completed. Give it a try and let us know how you get on with that.

Failing that, have you tried your iD SIM in a different phone if possible and a non-iD SIM in your iPhone?

What happens if you did? this one will rule out a handset fault.

Lastly, should the issues all persist, please confirm your postcode and I will take a look at the coverage in your area for you.

Mohammed

I’ve mostly had these issues when I’m out of the house (in various locations).

I’ve attempted turning it off and on again multiple times with no luck unfortunately.

I would try changing the sim etc however it’s not a constant issue, it arises randomly and will last for an hour or two then resolve itself so I can’t just swap it out to determine the cause of the issue.

The coverage for my area is pretty poor which I am very aware of but the issue persist even in high coverage areas when I’m out of the house where phone of other people (including people with iD SIM cards also) work absolutely fine.

I used to chat room and was advised to remove my number in settings then re-enter it, then restart my phone. Also to turn off iMessage, reset network settings, then turn iMessage back on. I will try this and hopefully the issue will not reoccur but if so I will get back to you.

I’ve mostly had these issues when I’m out of the house (in various locations).

I’ve attempted turning it off and on again multiple times with no luck unfortunately.

I would try changing the sim etc however it’s not a constant issue, it arises randomly and will last for an hour or two then resolve itself so I can’t just swap it out to determine the cause of the issue.

The coverage for my area is pretty poor which I am very aware of but the issue persist even in high coverage areas when I’m out of the house where phone of other people (including people with iD SIM cards also) work absolutely fine.

I used to chat room and was advised to remove my number in settings then re-enter it, then restart my phone. Also to turn off iMessage, reset network settings, then turn iMessage back on. I will try this and hopefully the issue will not reoccur but if so I will get back to you.

@Mohammed 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Hannah.seymour 

Could you give us your home postcode and possibly a full postcode for any other areas recently you’ve noticed issues in?
We’ll be able to look into any known issues affecting the masts and assist further.

Thanks

Why iD Mobile?