Solved

No network service after plan upgrade

• 13 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Following an upgrade to a new plan I cannot access any network service.    I am on an android phone; On a manual entry of the carrier it shows ID mobile 4G and 3G but I cannot connect to either - message is “the network service you chose is unavailable.  We recommended turning on the automatic function” On selecting automatic nothing connects and I have no service.  ID mobile have not mentioned that they would send a new SIM and logging on to the app says that my new upgrade has been successful.  In addition to above, I have tried restarting the phone, checking APN details, reinserting the SIM and switching wifi and airplane mode on/off.  Still no network and no way of contacting idmobile through their chat service.  A simple ticket system to raise issues or a secure message function on the app would be more effective instead of the long and slow process of putting a post her in the hope that someone replies.

icon

Best answer by Will 14 August 2020, 19:20

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @hetul888, it sounds as though we’ve activated another SIM card for you when you upgraded.

Did you receive another SIM card at all when the handset arrived?

Will

Userlevel 1

I finally received it today after my sim was disconnected.  I only upgraded the plan not my handset so I did not expect a new sim.  Should ID Mobile not warn customers that this would be the case that the old sim would be disconnected and there may be a gap in-between receipt of a new sim when upgrading the plan so that they can plan around any disruption before making an upgrade? I was left without phone access and spent considerable time attempting to get a network connection thinking something was wrong.  And its hard to contact anyone at ID mobile to get a response

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @hetul888, I’m glad you have the new SIM now. They’re usually sent out with the handsets as not to cause disruption. I’m really sorry that this wasn’t the case on this occasion and for any frustration caused.

Feel free to get back in touch if you need anything else.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hey, @Will I am having similar issues however the SIM card is recieving texts and calls but no mobile data even tho I have unlimited data and perfect signal, the 4G icon doesn't appear on the network status either which seems to point to the fact that ID mobile might be having a problem with mobile data at the moment. Could you please check this for me?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Sure thing @eternalkontrol.

Could I first ask that you check you’ve got Mobile data roaming enabled on your handset? If you have and still no luck, could you give us a postcode so we can see if there is an outage in your local area?

Will

I have the same problem. I have emergency calls only on my new upgrade phone. When I try to make a call I get a message saying “not registered on network”. I have activated the sim online. I have tried to activate again but it says already activated. My old phone with the old sim has the same problem. No calls in or out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @CaroleS,

Have you tried powering down the handset with the SIM card inside the new handset for 10 minutes?

Have you tried the new SIM card in the old handset to see if it works then?

Will

Why iD Mobile?