Question

no signal for over 7 hours is there a network issue?

• 2 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello - my data went last night and I was unable to connect to 4G but I could make calls and send texts and I had signal. Today I bought a data add on and since then I’ve have absolutely no signal cover so I cannot make calls, send texts or access any data - the only thing that works is when I’m connected to WiFi. 
Please can you investigate for me? Many thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Try below steps.

Switch off mobile and turn on.

Go to settings  cellular network select network operator manually.

Remove sim and reinsert again.

Userlevel 1

Try below steps.

Switch off mobile and turn on.

Go to settings  cellular network select network operator manually.

Remove sim and reinsert again.

Hi

I’ve just tried these steps and no luck. Still says ‘no service’. 

Userlevel 1

I have a new SIM card that ID sent with my upgrade - should I activate this and try that?

Userlevel 1

All sorted - I changed Sims and it now works. I seem to have missed a notification to say that ID had activated my new SIM card!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Howdy @denhamator 

Normally you wouldn’t need to particularly start using a new SIM when one is sent out.  Though when one is sent out, you would normally get a pop up in the iD Mobile App itself asking you if you have said new SIM and if you’d like to now activate it.

If you confirm that in the App then your old SIM would then need to be discarded (as it will no longer be able to used or re-activated) and all should work fine going forward on your new SIM.

My only hunch here is a notification came up in the app that you accepted on accident or potentially thought nothing of at the time?

Still.  We’re just happy to hear the problem’s you had are now passed.

Why iD Mobile?