Question

Poor signal and text message problems

• 21 June 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi, I got a contract with you a few months ago. The phone signal is awful on WiFi calling and normal calling. I have switched off WiFi calling now. Very often I get a phone call and the other person can’t hear me, I make a phone call and they can’t hear me, the phone call is broken up.

I also cannot send text messages (My existing number was transferred to my new ID sim but the new number is in the phone for iMessages and FaceTime not my existing number, and I can’t seem to add it) . Text messages come up as undelivered every time.

I had no problems with EE at all. 

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Jammyb, thanks for getting in touch, and sorry to hear about the signal issues you’ve been having. To start, could you kindly confirm your full postcode so that we can check for any disruption in your area?

The call quality when using Wi-Fi Calling would be dependent on the strength of your Wi-Fi signal and also the bandwidth offered by your internet service provider. If the call quality is poor here, too, I’m wondering if there’s an issue with your phone. Were you using the same phone when you were with EE?

Do you have poor signal when you’re out and about, or is it just at home? Has the quality been poor since day one, or has it only recently deteriorated?

With regards to your text issue, can you try the following for me? Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from..."

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

I experience the exact same - today for example I have lost signal 10 times between 10:00-12:11 as I am writing this message - unfortunately this is not unusual it happens on a daily basis and is very frustrating I have never had this issue with any other service   

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Dee64628 

Sorry it’s taken longer than we’d have liked to get to this message.

Are you still facing the same issues?  Or have things improved?  From what you described there it sounds like possibly some work may have been carried out on the mast closest to you at the time you faced those issues.

Userlevel 1

Hi Kevin 

no unfortunately not - today has been the worse day yet 4 hours that I couldn’t make any calls or send texts without trying 10 times when I had a signal for less than a minute ! It’s always when I want to use the phone - this must mean that it happens often as I don’t use it that often to make calls and or normal text messages  

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Dee64628, can you please confirm your full postcode so I can check for any service disruption in your area?

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Bb27as

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Dee64628,

We do see that your nearest network mast has some congestion present. If you try a manual network search, does this offer any better service?

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?